CUSTOM MENU: submenu collapse

Started by scrax, July 10, 2012, 10:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrax

Since adding more submenu to ML had the side effect of making some options more click away, I was thinking if it will be possible (maybe with the new graphic layout implementation) to hide submenu but instead of hiding also items in submenu like now, show submenu items in the menu (so then the user can keep just the few he want's at hand without the need to have a submenu for maybe only one item shown).
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

a1ex

I don't really understand what you mean, can you draw it?

scrax

For example I change frequently SET+MainDial:  in Image review settings submenu, but i keep other option hidden.
Now if I press MENU in the Image review settings option in Prefs, it will be hidden with all options inside it SET+MD too.
What I ask is to list in the menu (Prefs) unhidden option(SET+MD) from hidden submenus(Image review settings)
so to have more control on menu items positioning inside each menu.
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

a1ex

Got it now, maybe at next menu redesign. Not sure how to implement it easily on current code.

scrax

Yes, nice.
I'm trying to think how to make more usable all the functions.
By the way Is just me or "Show all menu items don't link to a guide page? Ii'm I using an old doc folder (first page say RC1 8july)?

a1ex

Yes, docs need rebuilding for that to work.

a1ex

Regarding submenus - check latest changesets, I think they solve the problem of accidentally hiding items and not remembering where they were.