[CLOSED-OT]Blackmagic Cinema Camera 50 / 60fps Hack

Started by mocapone, July 10, 2012, 04:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mocapone

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/blackmagiccinemacamera/techspecs/

TECH SPEC
Raw Resolution           12-bit RAW files recorded at 2432 x 1366
Shooting Resolutions   2.5K RAW at 2432 x 1366.
ProRes and DNxHD at      1920 x 1080
Frame Rates                   23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p

Would it be possible to hack this awesome camera so that we could record 1080 @ 100fps and say 2.5k 12-bit RAW files recorded at 50 / 60fps?

As i understand it, this has been limited to match the current write speeds of the average SSD's on the market.
I imagine this would be possible to record at these frame rates with a Magic Lantern hack and a decent SSD.

This is my only reservation about purchasing this camera. If its something that is being worked on, or will be in the future please inform me and ill go right ahead and pre-order it today!

Thanks again guys! You ROCK!  8)

Mocapone offer 2man Motion Capture & Virtual Camera Pre-Viz at affordable prices.

mocapone

Mocapone offer 2man Motion Capture & Virtual Camera Pre-Viz at affordable prices.

Francis

These forums are for discussing Magic Lantern which is a modification for Canon EOS cameras. There is no indication that this software will work on the Black Magic or any other camera. The only way cameras like this are "hacked" is by someone such as yourself buying one and starting development. Closing topic.