A bit confused

Started by Thapawk, July 14, 2014, 12:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thapawk

Hey! Like the title says, im a bit confused... And a bit scared of messing up my new 5D Mark III  ::)

First of all, what version should i install? (I'll mainly be focusing on video). Which version is more stable and do they have any commonly known problems?
Also I heard something about you can't playback the videofiles on your camera (or that it will make the camera crash), is that true?
And lastly how does the sound recording work? Can I record sound like i normally do with the internal/standard mic or do I need a external mic?

Sorry if the answers to all these questions is somewhere on this forum, but i've read so many different reviews and things that I got really confused  :-\

jimmyD30

Dazed and confused or just confused? ;)

Although ML is considered experimental software, there really hasn't been any recent (years?) issues that of which you can't recover you camera, just search the boards, you won't find any major issues and rarely even any minor ones.

I have been using ML for over a year now and installed it on 4 cameras, 1 650D, 2 5DM2s, and 1 5DM3 and have had no issues whatsoever.

The 5DM3 with ML installed is absolutely MAGIC!

Just follow install instructions carefully (it's super easy these days :-), use the latest nightly build, search/read the forum posts and then read them again before asking questions, and provide as much detailed info when you do need assistance :D