Lost footage on ML 5D3

Started by samramsden, March 30, 2015, 01:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samramsden

I have recently done a shoot and have a real issue with my footage on my 5d3 using magic lantern. If you can help me at all it would be HUGELY appreciated as there is a fair amount of money put in and I can't pick up any of the shots again.

I was doing a interview with a locked off shot using 2 X Komputerbay 128gb 1050X cards and one Lexar 32gb 1066x card. I have recorded audio separately.

I had one or two moments during the interview when the frames skipped a couple of times and have stopped the interview and rebooted and started recording again.

When I got back to my suite and started to put the MLV files through RawMagic Rarevision converter there didn't seem to be as much footage as I expected to have.

When I put the files into DaVinci Resolve, there was only 16mins of footage when there should be 35mins.

I have checked the time codes on the original MLV files and they are 11:27-11:43, 11:46-11:52, 11:54-12:02 & 12:04-12:06 - 32 mins of footage.
Once converted I only have 16 mins.

If you have any idea what this issue could be or any things I could try to resolve the issue your advice would be much appreciated. This was my biggest project to date and I am really worried I may loose a lot of money and a big client.

Thanks so much for your help.

dmilligan

RAWMagic is not supported here. Please use one of the various free converters from the sticky threads here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?board=54.0

limey

Aside from you probably overwrote footage. Card stopped but you pushed record anyway thinking it was frame skipping. But really might have been card full? Happened to me recently.