Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Started by Audionut, July 10, 2014, 04:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Audionut

I'm likely to be away from my computer for the next month.  I'll do my best to compile some builds when possible.
Those members who can compile are welcomed to keep this thread going.

Thanks.

nikfreak

Fullres-silent-pic branch is almost ready for you @Levas. I will PM you the download link soon
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

nikfreak

Walter Schulz: I would like to help you but can you lead me to which edmac I shall use when compiling branch "fullres-silent-pic" for 7D? Old value which got thrown out (was 0xc0f04A08)? it needs to be put here before I can compile for 7D. Can you find correct value of 7D? I assume it can be 0xc0f04208 but I am unsure about that. Older cameras seem to use that. Newer cameras seem to use 0xc0f04008:

#if defined(CONFIG_5D2) || defined(CONFIG_50D) || defined(CONFIG_60D) || defined(CONFIG_550D) || defined(CONFIG_500D) || defined(CONFIG_600D)
#define RAW_PHOTO_EDMAC 0xc0f04208
#endif

#if defined(CONFIG_5D3) || defined(CONFIG_700D)
#define RAW_PHOTO_EDMAC 0xc0f04008
#endif

Audionut

@nikfreak.

Can you please compile me a 6D build with CONFIG_GDB=y in the makefile for iso_research testing?  I'll likely not have access to my compiling machine for another few weeks.

nikfreak

This is freshly compiled "iso-research" branch for 6D with only "CONFIG_GDB = y" as requested:

Audionut

Levas

Audionut

Yeah arrived earlier in the week.  Life a little busy atm, but should find some time to poke some registers.

Levas

If you find something usefull with iso research, can you share ?
I'm curious how low iso's can go, especially now we have the new full-res-silent-pic option (with fastest shutter time around 300ms...)

By the way, is this iso research and poking registers something that I can help with ?
Or is it very risky, bricking wise ?

And what do I need, is the build Nikfreak posted here complete or do I need some extra module form a1ex ?

nikfreak

I am sure he will share once getting some useful results. He did for 5D3, too.  :P

Levas

He's probably playing a lot with his new shiny camera, so he could forget time while playing  ;D

Audionut

Quote from: Levas on August 07, 2014, 07:40:10 PM
If you find something usefull with iso research, can you share ?

Um, that's the whole point  :P

By the way, is this iso research and poking registers something that I can help with ?
Or is it very risky, bricking wise ?

If you have good observational skills.  It is somewhat risky, since we don't know what all of the registers do, and you may trigger a register that does something funky.  See this link about the tool used to test these registers.

And what do I need, is the build Nikfreak posted here complete or do I need some extra module form a1ex ?

The build from Nikfreak, and the tools from the CMOS/ADTG thread.

SKiD

Hi guys, can anyone please make a build for 650D (T4i). I can't compile it by myself :-/ Thank you
---------
Canon 650D with ML

nikfreak

Is this a general question? You can download nightlies at http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/.
If you need a specific build please define branch or we won't be able to help you.

Levas

Quote from: nikfreak on August 07, 2014, 07:51:39 AM
This is freshly compiled "iso-research" branch for 6D with only "CONFIG_GDB = y" as requested:

NikFreak, do you have time to compile the above build, including the new Full-res-silent picture module ?
This would save a lot of shutter actuations while investigating the iso registers on 6d and using raw_diag.mo for DR measuring etc.

SKiD

Quote from: nikfreak on August 08, 2014, 05:16:35 PM
Is this a general question? You can download nightlies at http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/.
If you need a specific build please define branch or we won't be able to help you.

Sorry, I didn't realize this Topic is general. My request was meant to FullRes Silent Pictures module. Thanks
---------
Canon 650D with ML

nikfreak

Quote from: Levas on August 08, 2014, 05:43:50 PM
NikFreak, do you have time to compile the above build, including the new Full-res-silent picture module ?
This would save a lot of shutter actuations while investigating the iso registers on 6d and using raw_diag.mo for DR measuring etc.

use above build and also @skid latest silent.mo is in here:

Grab raw_diag.mo from http://a1ex.magiclantern.fm/bleeding-edge/raw_diag.mo (save as...)

lemme know if it wrked for you...

Levas

SKiD

Quote from: nikfreak on August 08, 2014, 09:38:06 PM
use above build and also @skid latest silent.mo is in here:

Grab raw_diag.mo from http://a1ex.magiclantern.fm/bleeding-edge/raw_diag.mo (save as...)

lemme know if it wrked for you...

Will it work also on 650D? Autoexec is totally different than native one. Or should I use just silent.mo? Thanks :)
---------
Canon 650D with ML

nikfreak

SKiD

Quote from: nikfreak on August 09, 2014, 08:01:54 AM
@skid just silent.mo

@nikfreak thanks, but unfortunately it doesn't work. I am getting RAW ERROR (both in DNG and RAW) and no file is saved
---------
Canon 650D with ML

nikfreak

Nvmnd I just assume that 650D users have not reported correct values for RAW PHOTO EDMAC in time. Cause the adress misses in raw.c and I had to simply assume and add defined(CONFIG_650D). Otherwise the latest fullres-silent-pics wouldn't compile for 650D. So be warned. I have no 650D nor won't I hold be responsible if anything breaks due to my  additions. The 650D might have another EDMAC adress but that's up to you to find out: (everything OK..see a1ex's comment below)

#if defined(CONFIG_5D2) || defined(CONFIG_50D) || defined(CONFIG_60D) || defined(CONFIG_550D) || defined(CONFIG_500D) || defined(CONFIG_600D) || defined(CONFIG_1100D) || defined(CONFIG_650D)
#define RAW_PHOTO_EDMAC 0xc0f04208
#endif

#if defined(CONFIG_5D3) || defined(CONFIG_700D) || defined(CONFIG_6D) || defined(CONFIG_EOSM)
#define RAW_PHOTO_EDMAC 0xc0f04008
#endif

a1ex

SKiD

I tried Aug21 version (previously had Aug20) but I am still getting black screen with RAW error in left corner. When I press Play, camera freezes with black screen adn is unresponsive, I must turn it off and on to get rid of it.

I made a clean installation on SD card
---------
Canon 650D with ML