ML Not Extracting to SD Card

Started by special43543, July 13, 2014, 07:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

special43543

I searched the forum and did not find anything similar to my question.

I am attempting a new, fresh install of Magic Lantern for the T3i. My SD card is a SanDisk Ultra SDHC 16GB 30MB/s class 10.  I am using WinRAR to extract. Of particular note is I have never done this before. When I download ML v2.3 from the website, I simply cannot extract the files to my SD card. I read the install wiki and even watched a YouTube video of the install to verify I am doing it correctly. Every time during the extract it either freezes or gives me various errors.

I first formatted the card on my camera and then it failed. I formatted on my camera again and it failed again. I then formatted on my computer (slow format), then formatted again on my camera and it still fails out and uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of WinRAR on my computer. Additionally, the files it does load on the SD card is extremely slow.

Any ideas?

Walter Schulz

Insert card into your cardreader. Open downloaded nightly file with file explorer. Mark all files (AUTOEXEC.BIN, FIR file + ML directory) and copy them to card's root.

special43543

Thanks for your reply.

I tried that as well, but it did not work. I have another, similar SD card but it is 32GB. It extracted just fine so it appears as though my 16GB card is faulty which is strange because it has been handling RAW files without a problem.

Thanks!