Card Error after ML installation HELP ME

Started by manju850, June 08, 2014, 03:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

manju850

Hi everyone im a newbie to ML. i installed this after i clicked that dont clicked me link. actually it was accidentally pressed. now my EOS 550D not accepting any memory card. camera not reading card. even cant boot. please help me :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

dmilligan

Remove card. Remove and reinsert the battery. Start camera w/o card. What happens?

manju850

dmilligan

Good. Now put the ML card back in. Does it work? If not, reformat the card in a computer, remove and reinsert the battery, then put the card back in. If that works you can start the ML install process over from the beginning.

manju850

no same error card cannot be accessed. annoying :(

dmilligan

manju850

i tried with 3 cards nothing answer same error

dmilligan

When you put a card in, do you get some sort of specific error, or does it just say "No card in camera"? Does the LED flash when you open/close the door?

a1ex

Check the card slot for bent pins. On my 550D, I have insert a small piece of cardboard to push the card on the pins.

The "don't click me" usually contains some kind of joke or tests; it's very unlikely to do any harm.

manju850

I dis-ambled my camera seems its card reader damage. thanks for your kind support friend..

manju850

hi dmilligan

Memory board having pin damage. so im gona replaced it. but my camera is canon 550D.what i need to know is there are 600D camera memory board available. is it match to my 550D??? seems both same in pictures.

plz

a1ex

If you replace the mainboard, I'm afraid you need to recalibrate it to match your sensor, AF and other stuff. I'm not aware of the exact details, but it's not something you can do without special calibration hardware. And, of course, you need a 550D mainboard.

So, I'd say better try to fix the pins. Have a picture of the defect?

Walter Schulz

Upload it to postimg.org or any picture hoster and insert link here.

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas