600D RAW Music Video

Started by JADURCA, June 04, 2014, 02:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kihlbahkt

It looks great. Can you share what resolution you shot @ and what SD card? Also, I assume you had to uprez to 720p. What did you do? Thanks.
600D x2

JADURCA

Thanks  kihlbahkt!!! I didn't uprez, I shot at 1280x720 and because Aspect ratio was 2.20:1 resolution goes to 1280x582, then rendered at 720p. This RAW setting gave me like 6 seconds of recording, enough for me to edit a music video like this. Sometimes you will get pink frames, but you can delete them at post with Photoshop. The only draw back is that if it happens a lot, deleting to many pink frames cause your video to look unnatural because animation is lost. You can see this unnatural effect in a scene at 33 seconds. SD Card was a 32 GB SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s Class 10.

kihlbahkt

I have been avoiding shooting in raw due to post workflow. Based on your video I may consider doing a short raw project. Thanks for the video, explanation and inspiration to shoot raw on a 600D.
600D x2

JADURCA

You're welcome! I think everyone avoid RAW because of the workflow, but believe me, is worthy!!!