60D Raw - Green and Pink Artifacts/ Pixels and random corrupt .raw files

Started by Defkaunta, June 03, 2014, 11:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Defkaunta

Hey guys, although I have read through the 60D thread and used search function i could not really seem to find a solution to the following 2 problems or maybe I am just stupid :P :

1: Green and Pink Artifacts/ Pixels

even when following the black level threads ( I am not really sure if this really is a black level issue? Maybe?)

So I haven't started using MLV RAW yet, just the standard RAW recoding module to create raw files.

Maybe some of you want to have a look at it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rhzbnuecgd3i7c/bottom_water_green_pink_pixels-artifacts.DNG

At the bottom, when looking at the water you can make out weird green and pink pixels and/or artifacts. I am using mlrawviewer for previewing and "Magic Lantern RAW - 1.2.0" for converting my .raw files to .dng 's.

Another example where it is less noticable is on this example image:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fspcgc2788ps2dd/cobble_stone_green_pink_pixels-artifacts.DNG

You can make it out when looking closer at the cobble stone on the street.

I also tried other converting tools but it seems that something is wrong with the way the images were taken.

2: Random .raw files are corrupt or broken / cannot be read with converters

The title speaks for itself. Basically, after shooting clips and later on, when viewing them back, a minor random number of shots cannot be opened with converting tools whatsoever. Like they have been corrupted or something. Would ticking the option "warm up card" help? I honestly don't know.

Maybe you can help me, thanks!

Defkaunta

Regarding #1:

I just had success with the pink and green pixel issues (sort of). I basically removed all color of pink and green in the HNL/Greyscale Options of the RAW Window. Now those color are dark and grey and work for me. Hope this helps a little bit for everyone else having these issues. This might work for shots where no green/pink is desired or needed but might not be the best solution for every situation.

So it would still be nice to get some tips on both remaining issues 1 and 2 :).