Image Flicker

Started by Superlungs, May 30, 2014, 03:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superlungs

I've been up and down the internet trying to figure it out. The image flickers every half second. It doesn't do it every time. But quite a lot.
Here's a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuAKSmeoZq4&feature=youtu.be
The HDR is off, the Exp Override is on.

dmilligan

Camera? ML version? Shooting mode? ML settings? Lens? Raw or H.264? Post processing? Does it still do it if you don't load ML (hold SET on startup)? Have you tried resetting all settings (Canon as well as ML)?

ItsMeLenny

That's your cameras heart beat.

Superlungs

Quote from: dmilligan on June 01, 2014, 03:55:17 AM
Camera? ML version? Shooting mode? ML settings? Lens? Raw or H.264? Post processing? Does it still do it if you don't load ML (hold SET on startup)? Have you tried resetting all settings (Canon as well as ML)?

Canon Rebel T3i. ML Ver 2.3. Shooting in 30fps. Lens is 18-55 mm. Not raw. Doesn't do it if I don't load ML. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ML. Nothing changed. Don't remember the exact settings.

dmilligan

Quote from: dmilligan on June 01, 2014, 03:55:17 AM
Have you tried resetting all settings (Canon as well as ML)?

Quote from: Superlungs on June 02, 2014, 05:37:44 AM
ML Ver 2.3
That's almost 2 years old now. Consider using a more recent version: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

kihlbahkt

I am running v2.3 on my 2 600Ds currently and I dont have this issue.  Re-install per instructions and make sure you clear all cam settings in Canon Menu, and re-update Canon firmware. Then do ML install. There is no feature in v2.3 that should make your cam produce this weird exposure during video and if it was a bug there would be many people complaining about it. Archive the video and images from your card and reformat before you install. It should work.
600D x2

jimmyD30

Try turning off exposure override and see what happens. If no change then try a clean install of a more recent version of ML and reset all camera settings.