HDMI OUT issues with 5D2 and ML 2.3

Started by zinj, May 30, 2014, 12:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zinj

Hello!

Well I don't know what's happening, but I've been getting some issues with the camera not turning on, and there's a blue and red light on the camera that stays lit after I switch it off. I have to disconnect from power source... but the real issue is this and it just started happening! When I'm in HDMI OUT, and press the trash can, ML menu comes up, but flickers like crazy, then stabilizes. When I change to a different menu item, it flickers, interlaced garbage, then comes back. I press trashcan to get out of ml menu, then press menu to go to canon menu, and I get nothing but a ghosted flickering combed screen... Press menu again, view display comes back then press trashcan to get to ML menu again with that bad initial flicker... what the heck is going on? It wasn't doing this before at all! Using latest canon firmware update and ML 2.3. This was working before and now just started to happen today! :(

zinj

I found out what it was. On a Ninja 2, when you set it to 23.976 p recording, and the canon hdmi out is 60i, it gets messed. If i switch the ninja back to 60i, it works fine. I also want to ask should I use FPS override set @ 23.976, or it doesn't matter when recording out to Ninja 2... thanks!