Im New Here! Would Love Answers/Help :)! ( 5D3 User)

Started by redaber, May 28, 2014, 11:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redaber

Hello everyone,

After saving almost a year for my lovely 5D Mark iii, i finally got it home and i want to install magic lantern as quick as possible on my new 5D Mark iii, However there are a few questions/problems that need to be solved before i can actually install and utilize the Magic Lantern firmware.

The forum is full of posts which is great, but for me in my eyes its a mess :( i cant seem to find the latest and most stable version of Magic Lantern. And all the Youtube tutorials are from 2013 so i dont know what has changed trough out all of these months. So my question to you guys is, can somebody link me the most stable (most tested) Magic Lantern firmware for RAW Continious shooting, i dont care about MLV right now simple because i haven't heard too many great things about it yet (i bet it will be fixed in the future!)

So to sum things up :

- I also have a question about how i enable Magic Lantern to write the RAW files to my CF card ( because i am going to install ML on a SD and write the RAW files on my CF )
- I also heard something about the bootflag with the 5D3 which was a great thing to happen
- Whats the best test and known Magic Lantern firmware untill now :)?

Thanks alot guys,  (im sorry if im coming of as a little bit lazy but i just dont wanna mess this up.)
Oh and excuse my bad English

Audionut

- IIRC, both raw formats default to CF.  You can set the preferred card type in the debug menu to be sure.
- http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11017.0
- The latest one from here: http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

redaber

hey thanks alot, i seem to have a file called autoexec and the tutorials on youtube dont seem to have that? has some things changed or something?

Walter Schulz

Forget outdated youtube tutorials. Copy contents to card and run firmware update. Done.

redaber

No need to make sd card bootable? just install canon fw first than place magic lantern files on the sd and update and voila? how about uninstalling it :P?

redaber

thank you :) does this firmware version have the same stability as far as raw recording comes ( no mlv for me :p )?

Walter Schulz

This kind of question will not be answered by me because experience tells it doesn't matter which kind of answer will be given. If any.