eMotimo TB3 Remote Trigger Problem

Started by sp4cec4det, May 27, 2014, 02:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sp4cec4det

Hello all,
I am having a problem remotely triggering the eMotimo TB3 using 5Dmiii and ML's intervalometer.

Equipment:
5Dmiii w/ battery grip
64GB Komputer Bay 1000x CF Card
Magic Lantern for Canon firmware 1.2.3
eMotimo TB3 Black
N3 Cable [TB3 to 5Dmiii]

What I want to do:
Use ML's Intervalometer + Bulb Ramping [or even Av mode] to remotely trigger the TB3 for 3-axis day / night timelapses.
Because of the changing shutter speed, the TB3 will be triggered to move only when the shutter closes [hence remote trigger].

The Problem:
[1] When plugged into the TB3's i/o port the 5Dmiii becomes completely unresponsive -- no buttons works, no settings can be changed, there is no review for images taken. The trash can button is unresponsive so I cannot access ML.

[2] I experimented with UNPLUGGING the TB3 and 5Dmiii and then:
// 1. set up the TB3 all the way to the "waiting for trigger" screen
// 2. set exposure and started the intervalometer on the 5Dmiii
// 3. connected the two with the PC cable.
The 5Dmiii proceeded to beep audibly and remain idle. The beeping never stopped and no pictures were taken.

Other:
I have set up remote trigger on the TB3 and manually pressed the shutter on the 5Dmiii and the shot registers with the TB3. The motors move and everything is okay. I did it repeatedly with many manually triggered shots and the TB3 responded perfectly.

I have also tested the PC port on the 5Dmiii with a simple external intervalometer and everything was fine -- buttons fully functional, image review, access to ML, etc.

Hoping someone out there is using the same set up and / or has a solution!
Thanks a lot everybody.

Best
sp4cec4det
5Dmiii // 60D // eMotimo TB3 Black // Dynamic Perception Stage One // Canon 24-70L // Rokinon 14mm Cine // 24mm Nikor Prime // 50mm Nikor Prime