Camera seems dead but isn't

Started by zipper, May 21, 2014, 05:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zipper

hi there,

My camera (550d) went black yesterday, i sure i still works but lsdscreen is all black and can't make picture or movie.
When i watch in my viewfinder in manuel mode i can change my iso and shutter speed but still can't make pictures.
I tried to format my card but, so i deleted files on the card, and tried to put new magic lantern on but i can't put anything on the card?
Can anybody help me out?

Kind regards.

Frank7D

Did you try a different card? Maybe one without Magic Lantern on it?

dmilligan

check the read-only switch on the side of the card
re-format the card in a computer

zipper

Thanks for the help but still not working,

@frank7d: yeah i tried different card without magic lantern on in but still doesn't do anything. also without card lcd still doesn't work. only i the viewfinder the values of the shutter and iso are lit up.

@dmilligan, don't know what you mean with read only switch? there is only the lock switch no?

Gonna try to format it if i got some time today.

Does this happened to any of you guys before?

kontrakatze

Take out the batterie for at least one minute, don't put in any card. After that time put batterie in again and turn it on. Does it work again?

Regards,
Kontrakatze

dmilligan

Quote from: zipper on May 22, 2014, 11:59:43 AM
@dmilligan, don't know what you mean with read only switch? there is only the lock switch no?
yeah same thing

NunoCaldeira

this has happened to me.

First remove a grip, if it applies.
take off your SD card and rubber the contacts, put it in the camera.
Set camera in M mode and turn it on.

If this does not work, try it out a few times. i think the problem is the SD card.

zipper

Still the same, i have 2cards(with magic lantern on) and both have it.  ::)

getting clueless.

mk11174

Quote from: zipper on May 23, 2014, 08:45:43 AM
Still the same, i have 2cards(with magic lantern on) and both have it.  ::)

getting clueless.
I would not think it had anything to do with the sdcard since you say the LCD don't even work when you don't have an sdcard in at all.

Put camera in M mode.

Take SDcard out, close door, snap a picture, does LCD show any display light at all, it should say No card in camera, ut will still show a preview.

If no LCD, maybe you just need to press the DISP button to turn LCD on???

Also, when you turn camera off, does the LCD show the Sensor Cleaning???

If not, then must be a hardware issue, send back to canon.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

zipper

When i put camera on in m mode (any mode)  (with and without) i can't take picture/film i focuses and shows the values of shutter and diafragma in the viewfinder and i can change them but lcd stays black. when i press button full doesn't do anything only focusing.

i doesn't show sensor cleaning.

I really think i must be something with firmware or cards because one time without any card i, it showed the lcd screen and i could take picture without card in it?? but that was only once??  now it is back to black ::S

a1ex

zipper

thanks for everything,

I got i fixt now,  had to format the card take battery out and reinstall magic lantern.

redaber

i was about to post : is this the first true bricked camera by a magic lantern user :D