Download third party links

Started by scrax, June 18, 2012, 01:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrax

I was reading the third party software page and found that I don't know the EOS Tool listed, maybe is it EOScard ?
And since EOScard is windows onlyc I was using MacBoot to make my card bootable on mac, here the link: http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/macboot/macboot.html
For linux I know only the make_bootable.sh script that is on the repo.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

bart

Hi to be honest, the whole 3rd party section is not ready yet and more and more potential candidates turn up.

we have the card boot tools
the silent picture conversion tools
the hdr video and photo post production tools
the focus stacking tools
the timelapse tools

Where the open source ones are nice but also the commercial ones are pretty nice too.

I don't see the need there to only show open source solutions. Because many film makers have for instance adobe tools like Photoshop, Premiere and why not offer them great work flow in those programs. Photoshop can handle focus stacking out of the box.

scrax

Ok, was just because since most of them are in the bitbuchet i was not considering them third party...
I'm agree with you that there is space also for not open source tools, MacBoot and EOScard for what I know are not open also.
But I think that since Photoshop, Premiere and so on are not cheap, there will be people that will not buy it just to convert some HDRvideo or to make a custom cropmark, if they have a free alternative.

By the way for timelapses LRTimelapse is nice, and works great with Lightroom I use it a lot and is donationware too :) It was posted on the mailing list some time ago but can't remember by who.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

bart

I made a wiki for the 3rd party software where you can present and maintain your software.
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/3rd_party_software