[50D/5DMKIII] Chroma Key/Composite Music Video

Started by Eggeh, May 19, 2014, 09:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggeh

This is my first pro project involving Magic Lantern. Band shots were done back in december using a 50D with a Sigma 24-70mm lens and a Tragic Lantern build if I remember well, all on Komputerbay 64Gb 1000x cards. The camera got stolen in the meantime so I stepped up to a 5D MK III with Samyang lenses for the "story" shots. Not the best cinematography around due to some time constraints on set but a very cool project to work with. The 50D and CF cards behaved quite well, just had to be careful once I was around the 10GB left mark due to increasing number of dropped frames.

The workflow depended on what I was supposed to do with the shots. Band shots were synced loading up raw files with Ginger HDR in Premiere then the projects were loaded in AE for denoising and keying and exported as tiffs before working on post. At some point I completely edited some sections in Premiere with the raw files. For the story shots I used Rawanizer and imported dngs in Resolve to get the shots in DNXHD. Grading was a wide mix of Kodak LUTs heavily tweaked with other grading tools in After Effects... and I think that's about it!

Thanks to everyone involved with Magic Lantern!

5D Mark III - Game Boy Camera - Samyang 24mm t1.5 - Samyang 14mm f/2.8 - Canon 50mm f/1.8

ItsMeLenny

Hey, really cool. Looks really good. I like the variety of different effects.

And points on the ML forums for posting images of on set.

Canon eos m

Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)

Eggeh

Thanks guys, got two more of these in the sfx/post prod pipe right now using the same shooting process (with tracking points this time) but fully on 5D Mark III, I'll try to gather a bit more of behind the scene informations next time!
5D Mark III - Game Boy Camera - Samyang 24mm t1.5 - Samyang 14mm f/2.8 - Canon 50mm f/1.8