Changing focal distance display from cm to ft. Possible?

Started by jrcreative, May 16, 2014, 10:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrcreative

is there a way to change the focal distance readout in ML from cm to ft?

chris_overseas

EOS R5 1.1.0 | Canon 16-35mm f4.0L | Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 | Canon 70-200mm f2.8L IS II | Canon 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L II | Canon 800mm f5.6L | Canon 100mm f2.8L macro | Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM Art | Yongnuo YN600EX-RT II

jrcreative

Thanks very much. Unfortunately that along with global draw and crop marks won't stick when i turn off then back on the camera. Each time i have to re-set them. Thoughts? I'm using the May 7 nightly build.

Thanks
J

Walter Schulz

Shouldn't work this way. Try Prefs tab -> Config files -> Save config now
If it isn't fixed: Wipe ML directory from card and copy extracted ML dir to card.

jrcreative

Thanks Walter, i'll give that a try and report back.

jrcreative

Walter, i went to config files and scrolled down to save config now, however it won't let me do anything with it. There is an arrow to it's left but when i push set or scroll nothing happens.

BTW, should config preset be off and config autosave be on? If not please tell me what i should choose.

Thanks
JR

jrcreative

I will try to wipe the card and re-load the ML files and see if that works tomorrow.

jrcreative

well I tried wiping the folder with the directory off the card and adding a new one on (i assume that's what you were suggesting). unfortunately now nothing sticks. I can't even activate MLV, re-boot the camera and have that stick.

Thoughts?

BTW, if i want to just start from scratch (using 1.2.3) how is the best way to proceed? Do i remove all content from the card by dumping them into the trash on my computer and then placing them all back in from a fresh download of the nightly build, then go back into the camera to do a fresh firmware update?

Thanks,
J

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader, insert into cam, format there, reinsert card into cardreader, copy extracted contents to card, insert card into cam and run firmware upgrade.

jrcreative

Walter, i have to apologize i'm a complete idiot. I locked the card. The moment i brilliantly realized this i unlocked it, put it into the camera and now everything is working. Well i hope at least if anybody else does something like this and is tearing out their hair, they'll find this post quickly.

Good to know how to go through the process thought. thanks.