7D and the SanDisk 160 Mb/s

Started by windh, April 25, 2014, 01:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aace

Quote from: hog120 on May 12, 2014, 09:31:31 PM
My guess is that if you're getting pink frames, you've maxed out your cameras CMOS/processing power/buffer for that particular resolution.  It's not the cards fault most likely.  On my 5D Mark III that same card will shoot 1920*1080 RAW with no pink frames.  If I push my Mark II too far in resolution, like 1920x1080, with that same card, I will get those pink frames

You may be on to something, but, like I mentioned before, I stopped getting those pink frames after a bought faster cards. Now their could be other factors to pink frames of a 160 Mb/s card such as global draw, photo resolution, proper buffer caching, etc. I've noticed that the camera or card, not sure which, has to warm up when shooting raw when I first turn the camera on for the day. Sometimes the first clip will time out after 8 seconds then the following shots are continuous.

hog120

I've noticed the warm up period you're describing as well.  It 'warms' up quickly though, and then it becomes a non-issue.   Your camera settings, as you mentioned, are important as well in terms of shooting RAW with ML.  What CF cards do you recommend that work better than the Sandisk extreme pro 160mb/s?

aace

Quote from: hog120 on May 13, 2014, 12:15:20 AM
I've noticed the warm up period you're describing as well.  It 'warms' up quickly though, and then it becomes a non-issue.   Your camera settings, as you mentioned, are important as well in terms of shooting RAW with ML.  What CF cards do you recommend that work better than the Sandisk extreme pro 160mb/s?

I have 4 Transcend 64GB 1000x cards. I wont say that they work better than another card because I haven't used any other cards. I do have 2 Transcend 32GB 400x cards that I used before I started using raw but they're slowly beginning to collect dust.