Olympus OM-D Rawing / Canon 6D RAW / Resolve

Started by jackmoro, April 20, 2014, 09:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmoro

Beautiful girls and nice looking camera - what do you need more? Can look at them endlessly :)

Didn't expect to shoot there, but when saw the models with OM-D just couldn't resist. Everything is handheld again. Filmed at 70mm and close-ups with ML's crop mode (was tricky to keep camera steady there). Had to deal with damn banding in post, that's why so much grain added. Any less grain is causing horrible banding with 45Mb/s compression to fit video size for vimeo.

Magic Lantern RAW 14bit video.
Graded in Davinci Resolve.

http://vimeo.com/92457354

Kharak

Could you answer a question for me?

I recently ordered the MK III and have been using ML Raw on the MK II ever since first released.

Now I'm speed reading the MK III threads and I read a lot about Banding, bootflag problems, but it seems like its something everyone should know about, but I don't. On the 5D MK II I have never heard or experienced any issues of that kind.

Can you give a little explanation to what banding is? I don't notice anything weird in your video. Is it lines?
once you go raw you never go back

jackmoro

Quote from: Kharak on May 27, 2014, 06:04:32 PM
Could you answer a question for me?

I recently ordered the MK III and have been using ML Raw on the MK II ever since first released.

Now I'm speed reading the MK III threads and I read a lot about Banding, bootflag problems, but it seems like its something everyone should know about, but I don't. On the 5D MK II I have never heard or experienced any issues of that kind.

Can you give a little explanation to what banding is? I don't notice anything weird in your video. Is it lines?

Well, this one was filmed on 6D :)
You can freely take your 5d3, the video will be better then on your old 5d2 for sure. No worries.