The Best rendering settings for windows users!

Started by johnny5d, April 17, 2014, 07:53:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny5d

Hi boys and (14%) girls  ;)

There are many people that claim to know the best rendering settings.
Like the well known Philip Bloom, befor he use his DSLR footage for editing he first convert it with MPEG_streamclip. And then to FCP rendering in Prores422.

I am not a MAC user so no prores422 option for me. And read that the best codec for windows user is AVIDdnxHD. Or do you people recommend other codec and why? And should I use MPEG_streamclip first?
I like to know how many mbs I should render to get the best results.

I have sony vegas and after effects sould I move to finalcut pro?

Hope you guys can make this clear to me and others who are struggling with this!

Africashot

If you are not a MAC user how do you intend to move to finalcut? I moved from vegas to premiere (creative suite) a few years ago and have never looked back, one of the most annoyingly confusing things about vegas I remember being the export settings, but as a general rule you do not need to convert to mpeg_streamclip that is from a long time ago when most nle editors had a hard time with h.264, unless you running a very old version of vegas it should handle the native footage.
If you wont to squeeze every bit of latitude in the footage or if you shot in some sort of lo-style picture profile yuo can denoise the clip in after effects (denoiser II, neat video, dark energy), set the bit depth to 16bit and export to an intraframe codec like DNXHD, Cineform, Legarith, etc... this will give you a bit more flexibilty grading and your NLE editor will handle the footage with more ease (effects will render faster or in real time) but all this has nothing to do with the NLE platform you choose (Vegas, FCP, PP...) 
ML 5D2 & T3i

redaber

Well you can render in proress444 on windows. just a little way around

rsmith02

Are you rendering for upload or for continued editing on another platform? If for output, try the SonyAVC versions of their h264 codec. For me it looks smoother than MainConcept using Vegas.

johnny5d

Okay thank you.. can you tell me or show some printscreens with your settings? That would be great!

Regards Johnny