HDR video function not operating correctly on t3i

Started by cmw, April 13, 2014, 04:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmw

Hello everyone! I apologize in advance if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find an answer to this problem.  I am trying to use the HDR video function on my t3i and the issue I'm running into is that the ISO value takes about 4 - 5 seconds before it switches to the next and then keeps that pattern the entire time. Every tutorial I've watched the alternating speed happens at the rate set by the user, but I've tried multiple settings, 24fps, 60fps, 30fps, as well as adjusting the shutter speeds accordingly and the ISO alternation still sticks to 4 - 5 seconds in-between. I'm hoping that there's just a simple step I am missing in the camera. Also please let me know if I'm giving enough info or if I'm just being totally confusing haha.

Also, If anyone has a link to a solid post-processing workflow for mac it'd be much appreciated! Thank you.

dmilligan

Did you actually look at the video file that was recorded? Post one.

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: dmilligan on April 13, 2014, 05:58:24 AM
Did you actually look at the video file that was recorded? Post one.
He probably didn't.

The picture alternates every 4 to 5 seconds while not recording so one can see the exposure.

donjames150

Quote from: cmw on April 13, 2014, 04:04:14 AM
Hello everyone! I apologize in advance if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find an answer to this problem.  I am trying to use the HDR video function on my t3i and the issue I'm running into is that the ISO value takes about 4 - 5 seconds before it switches to the next and then keeps that pattern the entire time. Every tutorial I've watched the alternating speed happens at the rate set by the user, but I've tried multiple settings, 24fps, 60fps, 30fps, as well as adjusting the shutter speeds accordingly and the ISO alternation still sticks to 4 - 5 seconds in-between. I'm hoping that there's just a simple step I am missing in the camera. Also please let me know if I'm giving enough info or if I'm just being totally confusing haha.

Also, If anyone has a link to a solid post-processing workflow for mac it'd be much appreciated! Thank you.

Sounds like you're talking about what you see in the LCD? If so, sounds right, it's ok. As to "solid" workflow for mac, I'm on pc, but I've read the best is with Final Cut Pro X using Alex's plugin. If you search "FCPX Alex's plugin" in youtube, there's info there. Also people on this forum have said it was good.
EOS 760D + 55-250mm + Tokina 11-16mm

kihlbahkt

I just tested HDR video on my t3i and everything seems fine. Don't normally use HDR video and didn't post process
600D x2