Whats with the moderator approvals and other forum related questions

Started by Africashot, April 11, 2014, 08:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Africashot

Dear ML moderator team,

I haven't been as active in the forum lately as I maybe would have liked to be but today something caught my eye; my posts all of a sudden require moderator approval! Is this something you have applied for the entire forum or have I done something to invoke this? Not that this would make a huge difference to me but it is not as much fun when you're uncertain of when your post will go live... also, and I may have to warn you that this may bee a noob question; I can't see a way of getting email  notifications on post replies, meaning that not only will I have to be checking periodically if my post is life but also if someone replies. I understand this may give you some extra traffic but it is quite annoying, in any case thanks for you consideration!  That aside you seem to have an issue with your cloudflare set up, the forum is constantly down on this end...
ML 5D2 & T3i

a1ex

Africashot

Under 'share your videos' and also this particular post, I can not recall ever needing approval before on any of those boards, thats why I was wandering if I maybe had broken some rules that put my 'status' in jeopardy...  Also I randomly keep getting these 522 errors when loading the page, not sure if it is something on my end, maybe slow internet?
ML 5D2 & T3i

N/A

There's usually very little wait for approval, the mods (or at least I) get email notifications when video topics need approval. Approval helps to eliminate spam and unrelated topics, but as far as which users need approval and why, you'll have to let an admin answer that.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

Africashot

Sure I completely understand, just noticed it now and didn't seem to have it before and wanted to find out if it is a change in general forum rules or something that is particular to my account.
ML 5D2 & T3i

Audionut

It is a forum issue.  Nothing specific to your account Africashot.