bru AIRPORT - 6D RAW

Started by jackmoro, April 05, 2014, 11:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackmoro

rainless

DETAILS please. :)

What resolution was this recorded at?  What were your settings?

I'm VERY interested in RAW video on the 6D, but so far there's very little information from the people with 6Ds who've been able to shoot it.

Looks beautiful though. :)
The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models

jackmoro

What setting exactly you're interested in? I used same resolution as in

1792x762, upscaled to 1920. Most of shots were 400-1250 ISO and 2.8 aperture.

pio_hyun

Quote from: jackmoro on April 10, 2014, 09:12:28 PM
What setting exactly you're interested in? I used same resolution as in

1792x762, upscaled to 1920. Most of shots were 400-1250 ISO and 2.8 aperture.

How long can you recorded with that resolution? I always use 1536x654 upcourse is continuesly:-?

pio_hyun

and how about card? Which card did you use?

Did you grade in Davinci Resolve? I see it's more like M31 Osiris LUT woth Orange-Blue film look.
Very impesses!!

rainless

I've gotta say your colors were damned-near perfect... some of the best I've seen on this site.

You lost a lot of focus due to the 2.8 F-stop though (which narrowed the focus to the center... which is the 6Ds strongest point anyway).

I would've just added lights and shot at a faster F stop so that more of the viewable area was in focus. With those exact same shots you'd have something truly epic.

But your colors are very inspiring.
The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models

jackmoro

Quote from: pio_hyun on April 11, 2014, 05:07:17 AM
and how about card? Which card did you use?

Did you grade in Davinci Resolve? I see it's more like M31 Osiris LUT woth Orange-Blue film look.
Very impesses!!

Yes, all grading done in Resolve with some custom LUTs. Cards are Sundisk 80Mb/s. With my way of filming I don't need more then 6-8 seconds for each shot, so this resolution works for me.

jackmoro

Quote from: rainless on April 11, 2014, 10:22:02 AM
I've gotta say your colors were damned-near perfect... some of the best I've seen on this site.

You lost a lot of focus due to the 2.8 F-stop though (which narrowed the focus to the center... which is the 6Ds strongest point anyway).

I would've just added lights and shot at a faster F stop so that more of the viewable area was in focus. With those exact same shots you'd have something truly epic.

But your colors are very inspiring.

Thanx for your comments :) Well, I had to use 2.8 due to obligatoriness to use lowes ISO as possible. For some reason in 6D RAW noise raising very quick with higher ISO. Also using 2.8 makes less focus on some lines, so this's kind of way to minimize antiliasing, doesn't help much tho :)

KelvinK

Quote from: jackmoro on April 12, 2014, 06:47:52 PM
Thanx for your comments :) Well, I had to use 2.8 due to obligatoriness to use lowes ISO as possible. For some reason in 6D RAW noise raising very quick with higher ISO. Also using 2.8 makes less focus on some lines, so this's kind of way to minimize antiliasing, doesn't help much tho :)

Atmoshperic and very  filmic! No idea how did you manage film so free inside in airport. I would never dare do so by myself.
To kill aliasing uou should really go for the VAF then or change to 5d3.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!