Arrow keys for shutter speed and aperture while M mode

Started by javamomo, April 05, 2014, 04:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javamomo

For fast control underwater, I want the below function:
Under M mode, arrow keys function will control speed (1/20, 1/50, 1/100...) and aperture (F8.0, F9.0, F11...)

Is it possible? Can u help me for Canon 500D?

I want buy some beer who can make it work quickly, thanks.

Marsu42

Quote from: javamomo on April 05, 2014, 04:50:39 PM
Is it possible? Can u help me for Canon 500D?

No problem at all to implement it, people with back wheel like me just don't need it :-p ... if no one else shouts "I'll do it" and there is more request than just one person I could add it to my hot_keys module which ties misc functions to set/arrow keys.

I won't release it shortly though :-o as I only can find so much time to code which requires some concentration and time en block other than writing some forum posts...

mageye

I was fiddling with my 500D all day yesterday and find it really difficult to use compared to my main camera (5DMKII). Adjusting the aperture and exposure is generally really tricky while using ML on the 500D.

So I would certainly welcome anything that helps. Would be much appreciated. :)
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

Marsu42

Quote from: mageye on April 05, 2014, 08:39:26 PM
I was fiddling with my 500D all day yesterday and find it really difficult to use compared to my main camera (5DMKII).

Of course, that's how Canon designed it, there has to be some method to annoy people into buying at least a xxd camera body :-p

mageye

5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

dmilligan

Quote from: Marsu42 on April 05, 2014, 10:37:58 PM
Of course, that's how Canon designed it, there has to be some method to annoy people into buying at least a xxd camera body :-p

Or the fact that the target customer and probably 90% of the ppl who own these cameras (read: soccer moms) only use the camera in full auto and a bunch of extra buttons would only serve to confuse them.

Marsu42

Quote from: dmilligan on April 06, 2014, 01:59:12 AM
Or the fact that the target customer and probably 90% of the ppl who own these cameras (read: soccer moms) only use the camera in full auto and a bunch of extra buttons would only serve to confuse them.

Interesting theory (your could apply at Canon marketing :-p), but I'd dispute that number because even I personally know some people who just cannot afford something more expensive. Imho nowadays people who want p&s buy mirrorless or a sl1, even a Rebel is conceived as a "real" dslr which just happens to be too cheap for a better vf or usability (grip, buttons).