[Fixed]Canon 600d won't turn on at all

Started by EdwinB, March 31, 2014, 08:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdwinB

Hi everyone. I have a problem with my canon 600d. So i was using magic lantern in summer, and then my card has broken so i replaced it with 2gb card. So it worked fine till now. I putted in micro sd with SD adapter. It said your card can't be connected, replace it with other. So i opened card slot, and closed. It worked fine. After shooting i left my camera at home and today I had a shooting. I turn on my camera, but it won't turned. I removed battery, card and putted battery back without card. It worked fine, but when i wanted to put card it turned off and won't turned till now. I don't know what to do. I tried everything it won't turn on. What should I do ? I hope you understand me, because my english isn't that good. Thank you so much for help!

Marsu42

Quote from: EdwinB on March 31, 2014, 08:31:46 PMIt worked fine, but when i wanted to put card it turned off and won't turned till now.

Doesn't sound like a ML problem - is there some part of the card left in the slot, i.e. is it broken somewhere? If not other damage to the connectors might have occurred with the adapter... that's something to be serviced I'm afraid to say.

EdwinB

No there is no broken peace of plastic in the card slot.  :-[

escho

Make sure, you have "autoexec.bin" on the sd-card. Without this file, the cam looks like beeing dead.

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

dmilligan

You also need all the other ML files as well, it'd be best to download the most recent nightly build and put all those files on your card

If your camera turns on fine without a card in, then there's nothing wrong except you're missing the ML files

EdwinB

Oh my god. Finally it turned on. I've spotted a few black spots on battery contacts inside the camera, i cleaned them up and it finally turned on.