Canon 5D Mark II / 5D2

Started by ted ramasola, March 27, 2014, 08:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch_d

5D MII

prasanna

I installed magic lantern, video mode switch got disabled. looks like its permanently disabled it.  even after uninstalling ML my video more is not working.

is there any chance it can be fixed. any help will be great.

Walter Schulz

Do you have a backup of your ROM files created during installation?

prasanna

i did not take a back up of the rom. I uninstalled the ML .. still having the same problem

Walter Schulz

Do you have \ML\Logs\ROM0.BIN and ROM1.BIN?

prasanna

Walter Schulz

Reset cam to factory defaults (including C.Fn settings), retry and report.
And please explain what you mean by "video mode switch". 5D2 doesn't have a physical button/switch for this setting. Only in menu.

prasanna

I meant live view .. that's got disabled.
when click on the live mode button it doesn't show video in the display.
also im not able to change resolution or aspect ratio , it shows in grey color and NA.

i will reset to factory settings.

prasanna

I reset the camera using this method
    Press the MENU button.
    Select the [Tools #4] tab.
    Select [Clear All Camera Settings].
    Press the SET button.
    Select [OK].
    Press the SET button.

Still live mode is not working. am i missing anything?

Walter Schulz

Please reset C.Fn settings as well.
Is video recording working?

prasanna

HI
I reset that rest and installed ML again , now live mode is working.

thanks alot , i appreciate ur help.   

Im using komputer bay 1000x cf udma 7. .. while recording after 10 sec record symbol turned to yelllow and at 25 second recording stopped .
is there any way can increase the recording duration at 1920? any specific cf card may help?

thanks

Walter Schulz

prasanna

markus1980

Hallo guys,

thanks for help to Walter Schulz and reddeercity.
ML works nice on my 5dii/7d. I love magic zoom and
headphone monitoring. The 5dii is a great cam
with ML. Thanks to a1ex an the other developers.

I found this adapter http://www.mts-shop.eu/nicht-zugeordnet/IT-und-Elektronik/Kabel-fuer-Computer-und-Peripherie/Kabeladapter/InLine-Audio-Adapter-3-5mm-Klinke-Buchse-Stereo-an-2x-Cinch-Buchse::13738.html
for the 5dii to use headphone monitoring.

Thanks and kind regards from Vienna
Markus

lexalotacus

Hey guys im wondering if I upgrade from the mk ii to the mk iii if I will get longer higer resolution raw video with ML? Im only getting about 30 seconds of 1800x900 footage right now.. I need to be able to shoot 1080p for at least a full minute.. Thoughts? Thanks!

Hypnodic01

I have followed both the instructions as well as a tutorial video on this. Im sure its still user error but once I have formatted the card, installed ML on the card and place it back in the camera and check the version, the camera does not ask if I want to update the firmware. It states I need to install a card that has an update. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Walter Schulz

Forget tutorial video. Most likely it's outdated.
Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 5D2.212 -> Follow instructions there.

Hypnodic01

Ok...tried that option...even cleared card, reformatted, cleared DL and reloaded it and still camera will not show any options for update. Followed step by step. Has anyone else experienced this?

Walter Schulz

Card size?
Show contents of card's root directory.

"Not show any option for update"? Clarify, please: Is there no firmware update menu item in Canon menu or does the cam tell you there is no firmware file? If first: You are in photo M mode?

Hypnodic01

Card is 128g Lexar Professional 1066x

The Camera says "Memory card containing firmware is required to update" But if I put it back in my reader I can see all the files.

Walter Schulz

Snapshot showing card's root directory, please.
Try using a smaller card.

David IV

When I shot at 3x crop mode I got a black band at the right of the frame. This is normal? There is a solution?

Mikexmirrick

I have researched all over and activated the mlv_re feature as well as the mlv_snd feature on my t5i. I have the rode video mic turned on but yet when I press record. It still says sound disabled. What could be causing this?

Lasting Image

Hello,
Is the first page on this thread regarding enabling raw video (5D2) still current? For example, it mentions, "Modules like MLV Sound(mlv_snd.mo..." I don't even see a module called "mlv_snd.mo"  In any case I seem to be doing something wrong. I compared what I thought was a raw enabled video to one taken on a card without Magic Lantern and they look the same. Did a lot of searching and can't find an answer. Thanks for any replies.

reddeercity

Yes pretty much , did you download the latest nightly build ?
Did you enable 14 bit Raw/MLV Video module  ?
Did you Set up raw video frame resolution ?
No to All the above ?
I'm betting you didn't , :P raw file have a extension of .mlv or .raw
if you got a .mov file then you need to do some reading of this thread among other's