Fragmented Overlays in raw mode.

Started by AsherVast, March 25, 2014, 11:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsherVast

I'm shooting on the 5DMK3 and I noticed, after a couple days of shooting raw with ML, I started seeing lines in the overlay. It looks like another cropmark overlayed partially on the screen. If you turn raw mode off, it goes away. If you turn crop marks off it goes away. But I can't seem to get rid of it when shooting raw. Has anyone else figured out what causes this?

https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t31.0-8/1492558_10203459574749566_508956247_o.jpg

ted ramasola

I see your using ext monitor. the method I use to to make sure hdmi monitor is powered up 1st and connected before the camera is turned on.

How about with no ext monitor? Are the overlays ok?
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

AsherVast

Just tested it and the overlays are fine on the native monitor, only happening with the external. The Monitor is in HDMI mode. The monitor is always plugged in and i've tried turning the camera off and back on again. Doesn't help.

ItsMeLenny

I've always found overlays to be buggy on external monitors, both HDMI and especially composite.

I had HDMI plugged into a 16:10 monitor, and even though ML was also set to draw for 16:10 it instead drew the overlays on top of the video image, leaving lots of black space where it could've been drawn, and also making the image appear very skinny, making it difficult to see what was completely in frame.