Question on using other CF cards

Started by bufftheowl, March 21, 2014, 03:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bufftheowl

Hi

Very impressed with ML, but got a question; Using 5D mk2 and Windows I've successfully installed ML onto one card and my camera, but having done that, it just occurred to me that I didn't do an in camera format of my other three CF cards. Is this a problem?

Obviously I can't just put them into the camera with out ML on them and do formats. I'm also thinking I may not be able to just put ML onto the other cards.

So I'd welcome some much appreciated advise.

Thanks.   

Frank7D

Quote from: bufftheowl on March 21, 2014, 03:39:03 PMObviously I can't just put them into the camera with out ML on them and do formats.

Why can't you put them in the camera and format them? As long as they're not bootable, there should be no problem. If they are bootable, just format them on your computer first.

bufftheowl

Thanks Frank.

I thought there might be that camera freeze issue, but I think I get it now. So as long as the card hasn't got any ML on it most importantly the boot flag. Maybe I was getting camera boot flag set mixed up with card boot flag.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer what was a bit of a retarded question.  :)