[WONTFIX] analysis on a batch of photo's(average shutter value or average iso)

Started by Levas, March 21, 2014, 01:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levas

Hello,

Lately I'm shooting live performances of musicbands indoors.(Loving the magic zoom and focus peaking for my manual lens!)
The light on stage varies a lot, so I'm shooting at fixed aperture and fixed iso and let the camera do the math for shutter value.
Most of the times I end up with hundreds of pictures, of which I select the best 10.

I was wondering if it is possible (in any way, maybe there are better alternatives then ML) to find out what the average shutter value is on all the photo's on my memory card.
If I have this information, I can consider for example a lower iso value (and know most of the pictures are still good and don't have a shutter time that's too long...).

So what I'm looking for is an option in ML that analysis the exif info of all the photo's on a memory card and return some numbers, for example:
The average, highest and lowest values of Aperture, Shuttertime and ISO.

If someone know's an existing solution for this, let me know, I'm on a mac(I know that spotlight can read the exif info) and use lightroom (is there any option in lightroom for this?).

a1ex

Exiftool, then plug the results in a spreadsheet or a script. It's a post-processing job, outside of the scope of ML.

BTW, since you are posting in the Magic Lantern forum, I'm assuming you are using Magic Lantern, but your signature suggests otherwise.

Audionut

In Lightroom.

Select the Library pane
Select grid view.
Choose the Metadata option at the top of the grid view
Click on a label for any of the 4 boxes that appear.

Levas

You're right, didn't change my status since 6d is in the nightly builds again.
Status changed  :D

Quote from: a1ex on March 21, 2014, 01:58:15 PM
Exiftool, then plug the results in a spreadsheet or a script. It's a post-processing job, outside of the scope of ML.

BTW, since you are posting in the Magic Lantern forum, I'm assuming you are using Magic Lantern, but your signature suggests otherwise.

Levas

Thanks audionut  :D
those boxes with metadata is exactly the future where I was looking for  :)

Quote from: Audionut on March 21, 2014, 03:49:29 PM
In Lightroom.

Select the Library pane
Select grid view.
Choose the Metadata option at the top of the grid view
Click on a label for any of the 4 boxes that appear.