Set star rating on both cards (5D Mk III)

Started by danecreekphotography, March 18, 2014, 05:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danecreekphotography

Hi all,

I've done a bunch of searching and didn't see this request, I hope it's not a duplicate. I frequently shoot with both the SD and CF card in my 5D Mk III, with a copy of each image being written to both cards in different formats (RAW on CF, JPEG on SD).

Unfortunately when you star rate an image using the button on the back of the camera it only writes the star rating into the file for the active card, not both cards. And it's *really* easy to accidentally get the active card changed when you are swapping cards, such as handing the SD card off to a runner.

Any chance of adding an option to ML so the star rating always gets applied to the image file on both cards?

Thanks!

Neil

Marsu42

Quote from: danecreekphotography on March 18, 2014, 05:36:13 AM
Any chance of adding an option to ML so the star rating always gets applied to the image file on both cards?

I already suggested custom tagging which could include this function, but currently the ML rating simply uses the Canon rating and afaik there is no backend to do anything else. You could copy the tagging from one file type to the other with a small shell script and exiftool though.

danecreekphotography

Yeah, I already wrote a desktop app to do that, but it doesn't help because I'm passing the SD card off to people mid-game and they can't have the CF card to do the rating copy.

Neil