5D2 ISO question

Started by billgr, March 19, 2014, 07:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billgr

Hi I'm new to the forum, must commend and thank all the developers here for their fine work.
Simple question
Would like to be able to set aperture and shutter and let camera figure the ISO out.
Is this possible, if it is I cant find it.
TIA
Bill

ted ramasola

have you read the Canon manual of your camera? Chapter 3. Image settings.  :)
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

billgr

I think u missed my question set aperture n shutter speed n let camera sort iso. It 5d2 cant do this  (ive read the manual) 5d3 can. I need this really but cant afford a 5d3 was just asking if u guys had sorted anything.

Cheers
Bill

ted ramasola

Isn't it what AUTO ISO is for? Even my 7D has it.

Quote from: billgr on March 19, 2014, 10:13:09 PM
I think u missed my question set aperture n shutter speed n let camera sort iso. It 5d2 cant do this  (ive read the manual) 5d3 can.

Chapter 3 image settings. "With A selected, iso speed will be set automatically." page 57 on the english version.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

dmilligan

even my 1100D can do that

billgr

I want to fix my aperture and shutter speed and do auto ISO. Its not an option on a 5d2 newer models it is 7d 5dmk3 i was just asking if ML supported this
LOL beating me brains out
If im being thick please enlighten me
Thx for replies
:D

ted ramasola

so you mean your 5D2 has NO auto ISO?  ;)
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

billgr

Want set my aperture, shutter speed and get the exposure with the ISO i can deal w noise if i get any in PP. But u cant do it with the 5d2 thats why im asking here.

i set iso auto it wont got 40i in manual

thats me prob

Thanks again
Bill

Walter Schulz

Read it from my lips: 5D2 has Auto ISO. Made by Canon.
Why don't you try to read the manual?

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

billgr

another noob fked off good luck w ur forum

dmilligan

According to the table on page 58, when using Auto ISO in M/B mode, the camera always uses ISO400 (like when you use a flash). I don't own a 5D2, so I can't say for sure, but it seems like perhaps the OP is right. It sounds like you have Auto ISO, but in M, it doesn't do anything, it's not really 'auto'. Perhaps someone with a 5D2 can confirm this.

Even on my dinky little 1100D, the camera automatically chooses ISO in M mode if it's on Auto. Strange that a camera that costs 5x as much wouldn't.

ted ramasola

I have been using this auto iso feature for a long while now on both my 7D and 5D2 and it can go down to 100 to 6000. And my 5d2 is a "newer model". in fact I bought my 7D first before buying a 5D2.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

romainmenke

I'll check later.
If it is possible with the standard software I'll find it!
But I think the OP is right since I always shoot in m-mode and haven't seen any auto ISO option anywhere (should be the lowest ISO setting)

The only thing I can think of is that auto-iso disappears if you turn the extended ISO's on.

ted ramasola

Quote from: romainmenke on March 20, 2014, 08:54:02 AM
The only thing I can think of is that auto-iso disappears if you turn the extended ISO's on.

Auto ISO is there even with ISO expansion.
5DmkII  / 7D
Texas

Doyle4

Why do people ask these questions to get an answer to say they are wrong?  just dont get it...

Ill also answer for him also... M mode, set you're aperture..set you're shutter... AUTO ISO

mageye

Anyway the original question wasn't a Magic Lantern related question. :o
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7