T4i-650D-how long will it take?

Started by pittguy578, June 26, 2012, 03:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pittguy578

Just wondering...Any idea how long it will take? Same sensor as T2i and T3i and essentially the same OS..
Don't need touchscreen support:)

Malcolm Debono

It's not the sensor that counts but the processor. It has a Digic V+ processor like the one in the 5D3. Current cameras supporting ML have a Digic IV processor.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

lucas

afaik the Sensor is a new developed one - and fun fact: worse then the older one :)

note by Nanomad: vimeo embedding works in http only (not https)
rockin' ML on the 550D - this is how I roll

Greven

I smell a possible delicious future for the 650D when Magic Lantern hits the spot, for example imagine HDR-Video ported thru the (hopefully by then fully working) clean hdmi out to a atomos ninja in ProRes :) that would be a cool feature for a low budget camera to possess :D

Arthur

Probably, It will be a few months after they get ML working on 5D3, since it's the same processor.
EOS 1100D | EF-S 15-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II (Kit lens)

Indy

please drop me a email if you want to try a 650D/T4i dump !
(already tested on my 550d)

Indy (arm.indiana at gmail dot com)

lucas

Quote from: Greven on July 04, 2012, 10:14:48 PM
I smell a possible delicious future for the 650D when Magic Lantern hits the spot, for example imagine HDR-Video ported thru the (hopefully by then fully working) clean hdmi out to a atomos ninja in ProRes :) that would be a cool feature for a low budget camera to possess :D
The Output from the HDMI will still be only 8bits, so no HDR in sight.

scrax

Quote from: lucas on July 10, 2012, 04:42:53 PM
The Output from the HDMI will still be only 8bits, so no HDR in sight.
raw video like now why not?
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

lucas

Quote from: scrax on July 10, 2012, 06:32:44 PM
raw video like now why not?
It is not raw, and it is no HDR.
It may be an uncompressed 422 8bit stream, yet nothing too exciting (many tests of these outputs done with other Cams in the past showed one thing: it's not really worth it)

3pointedit

Also Dave Dugdale recently compared the 5DmkIII to the 550D and apart from better light performance and reduced moire, there was no reason to upgrade.

ML works on 550D now, not sure I want a touch screen and focus instead. Especially if the image is poorer than the 550D?
550D on ML-roids

coutts

does anyone have a firmware dump of the 650d? I'd like to see how the touch screen works

Chungdha

From test I dont see muchh significant improvements over the 600D, the ISO noise is the same. And the big downer for me is that it does not have the 3x-10x digital zoom. Actually at the current time I would rather update to 600D or wait for the 700D.

InFocusAV

I read somewhere that the t4i DID have 3X and 10X zoom. That was one reason I was going to buy it :-(

Chrisprols

Quote from: Indy on July 09, 2012, 10:09:53 PM
please drop me a email if you want to try a 650D/T4i dump !
(already tested on my 550d)

Indy (arm.indiana at gmail dot com)

Hi !
I have a 650d (from France). I'd be happy to help (I'll send you a mail just now), considering I have no developpment software, environment, equipment, nor skills ;)
Please let me know what and how I can do !

palinka

Hello all !
Any news from the 650d dev ?
i just discovered magiclantern on a 600d, great tool ! if i can help testing things with my 650d if you need...

Thanks for your goooood work.. :)
Musician, Guitar gypsy jazz player,  600d player also... Royalty free music : www.musicincloud.com - gypsy jazz: www.palinka.fr - french: www.danielb.fr

EOS Lover

Just another T4i owner throwing in my support for a version of Magic Lantern supporting the T4i.  :)

nanomad

See the topic in the "New ports" section about the 650D status
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5