ETTR on 600D

Started by nweller, March 10, 2014, 05:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nweller

I have Magic Lantern v2.3 installed on my 600D. I noticed under the Exposure options, that ETTR isn't even present. I have it set to shoot RAW, only. My ISO is also manually set. Am I missing something here? I dug through some Q&A already, and haven't been able to surmise and answer to this question. Thank you!

dmilligan

nweller

Thanks for the help! Should I try the nightly build? I'm just concerned about stability. Does anyone else have issues with the nightly build on the 600D?

dmilligan

Quote from: nweller on March 10, 2014, 07:27:17 PM
Should I try the nightly build? I'm just concerned about stability.

The only way to figure out if it's stable enough for you is to test it. Download the most recent and try it out in a low risk/non-production setting. If you find it's not stable enough for you to use regularly, then just hop back to 2.3. If you happen to find some bugs when you do this you can really help out and give back to the community by reporting them well.

For what it's worth, I probably haven't had a crash using the nightlies in months, and ML continues to get more and more stable overall through improvements to the backend. But each camera is different, and I don't have a 600D.

Stongtea

I have had no stability issues on my 600D with nightly builds. Make sure you get an up to date one though as some of the older ones do not work so well with auto ettr.