Canon 5D Mark III / 5D3 / Firmware 1.2.3

Started by a1ex, March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Unable to open file. Requires google account ...

Support staff hearing "tried everything" tend to moan and regretting to be born.

Walter Schulz

I will not use anything requiring authorisation. Try any pic hoster. Imgur or anything else not asking for user and password.

SAMK

ah sorry ok so how to do if you dont have google account i didnt know about that
i mean i did try all your suggestion

SAMK

SAMK

can not on youtube so i dont know how to   do

thanks for your help Walter

SAMK

are you on facebook group magicl lanter
i have 3 groupe on facebook with magic lantern MLV RAW ON EOS M,MAGIC LANTERN FRANCE , MAGIC LANTERN CANON
i can do a post in one of them or all of them

Walter Schulz

For starters: Try https://imgbb.com
or any other image hoster. There are dozens.

And i do not use Facebook and none of these groups is supported by ML staff.

Walter Schulz

BTW: What are you trying to do? It looks like you are RAW/MLV recording and HDMI streaming/recording at the same time?

Walter Schulz

You haven't answered what you are trying to achieve. Simultaneous MLV and HDMI recording?

Just to humour me: Remove ML card(s) and startup cam. Play around with menu setting "HDMI output + LCD" to get clean HDMI out. Now insert ML card and retry. Report back.

SAMK

no i dont look for recording in both of them i just want have a monitor control and keep recording MLV in my intenal memory  card
i just bought a gimble zhiyun crane 3S Pro with transmitter and receiver i want to send video to an other monitor
the hdmi output its working perfectly when i take  of the mlv card
its working also very good when i use mlv but the crope mode X5
its not working when i use the setting 3K 1:1 even the inside the camera without external monitor i dont have clean have clean screen screen i can not get realtime clean on my screen camera

Walter Schulz

It's not easy to follow your post. Punctuation marks might help a bit. Please move discussion to proper thread
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=23041.0

SAMK

so sorry for my english
thank you for your help

hungrygeneraiton

If this is the wrong place to post this let me know!
So I have been trying out recording 1080p60 with MLV Lite 1.1 on Firmware 1.2.3. I am recording with no FPS overide and it SEEMS to be doing well but I am confused by something? Is it dropping frames if it is not green? What does orange neat with numbers beside it? Is it how many frames are still left in the buffer while the card is catching up?
Also, I posted this question elsewhere but is there any way to display how much time I left on the card at the current bitrate/format? I have REC Indicator set as Remaining Time but nothing seems to be showing that still anywhere on the screen?

THANK YOU everyone who is working so hard to make my $800 camera do things that only 3000-4000 cameras can do. Still so blown away by this!

yoyotamchi

Hi, anyone still have a copy of the Firmware 1.2.3 ?

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Download nightly builds -> 5D Mark III 1.2.3
Firmware linked in "Installation" and "Useful Links"

Zenheiser

Solved...another browser let me download it.

ruc

HDMI Problem.
I never had to problem before. But when i want a signal from the HDMI out, there is no signal at several devices like BMD Video Assist, external display etc. But when i plug it to a TV then there is no problem.
What could it be?

Walter Schulz

Please clarify:
Build used?
LCD display is working while external HDMI is connected?
Have you tried with/without ML active? Just bypass ML start by pressing SET at startup.

shhd

I think the external monitor settings
I had the same problem there is a setting I don't remember now but I will turn the screen back on and let you know soon if I find time
I had an external recording screen and in the main menu there is an option related to the degree, strength or method of receiving the signal and the options were two options made up of numbers, one of which was working with 5Diii
and the other works with 5D iv
Try searching the screen settings in the signal capture

dream951

Hello guys, does anyone know how to get a signal from the camera about the beginning and end of the recording. It is necessary that the start / stop video is synchronized with external equipment. Essentially analogous to timecode. Connector c3 only works for signal reception?
5DIII crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2022May15.5D3123
Sigma Art 24/1.4 50/1.4 135/1.8 + Canon 24-105/4 70-200/4 + Samyang 8/3.5 + Helios 58-2

dpjpandone

you should probe c3 with a multimeter, you may find that shutter half-press pulls one of the pins on this port low. In this case use the "shutter half-press start record" feature and when you trigger recording via this feature you can detect the logic from C3 with a microcontroller and use it to start/stop your audio or whatever device you are attempting to sync to

Walter Schulz

The post you answered is from more than 11 months ago and user dream951 last online date: June, 2022.

dpjpandone

Quote from: Walter Schulz on January 23, 2023, 08:32:03 PM
The post you answered is from more than 11 months ago and user dream951 last online date: June, 2022.

You're right