3D HDR

Started by KarelBata, June 24, 2012, 01:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarelBata

Stills from a video currently in production:

Gonna be awesome!  ;D
I use a pair of 600Ds shooting 3D HDR timelapse - all at the same time!

KarelBata

Forgot to add:

2x 600D
+/-2EV
IA: 7ft and 4ft.
Photomatix

Malcolm Debono

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing  :)
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

screamer

Wow, really interesting. Per us know wherw we van see the final video when it's finished. Great work
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

KarelBata

Thanks guys!  ;)  I'll certainly keep you posted.

I've been at this, bit by bit since February. I only get the cameras a few days a month, and what hasn't helped is the atrocious weather lately in the UK - like one town got a month's rain in a day last week! Floods in June..?  :-\

And of course there's figuring out a workflow. The way I'm going to this is keep the + and - together and not sperate them, edit then grade it as per normal (once for + and again for -), and only then seperate out the two streams and tone-map them in one go, seperating out bits that need different tone-map settings.  And the stereo tools in Speedgrade CS6 should be a great help.

So easy to get disorganised with a project like this and be driven completely mad!

Randles

Now that is neat, love it  8)

kFu

how do you sync the cameras? Do you use a "twin" remote, or do you just "thumb"-sync (pushing the shutter at the same time, more or less)? If you do the latter, do the cameras get out of phase after a while?

And how do you mount the cameras? Regular side by side or one camera upside down?

cheers!