Disable Magic Lantern's White Balance?

Started by Jason K, March 06, 2014, 07:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason K

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable Magic Lantern's auto white balance feature? In our studio, every time a camera operator presses set from within the white balance menu, ML begins auto white balancing, with inconsistent and unsatisfying results. Some times it also screws with the G/M shift. Magic Lantern is fantastic, but this is one feature we need to disable... At the very least, we'd be satisfied with disabling its access to using the Set button, if that's the workaround.

Please advise! I've been Googling for hours and haven't found any answers about this...

gary2013

Quote from: Jason K on March 06, 2014, 07:41:46 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable Magic Lantern's auto white balance feature? In our studio, every time a camera operator presses set from within the white balance menu, ML begins auto white balancing, with inconsistent and unsatisfying results. Some times it also screws with the G/M shift. Magic Lantern is fantastic, but this is one feature we need to disable... At the very least, we'd be satisfied with disabling its access to using the Set button, if that's the workaround.

Please advise! I've been Googling for hours and haven't found any answers about this...
what camera are you using and what build of ML or TL? Are you talking about pictures, or video using H.264 recording or raw/mlv? Are you setup to use all manual or some auto functions?

dmilligan

Prefs > Arrow/SET shortcuts > Use SET button

ItsMeLenny

Magic Lanterns White Balance needs a complete neutral surface to white balance on. So you'd need the camera pointed at a grey card.

Also, dmilligan posted the answer OR you can press the AV button again to cycle through and off the different options that the set button provides.

Conqie

I have the same problem with my 5DM II, I once touched the wb-function in the ML-menu, and now it keeps auto white balancing once I touch the white balance button on the camera. I haven't found any way to disable it..
The only workaround is adjusting the white balance in the Canon-menu.
Anyone else with a solution for this problem?

ItsMeLenny

There are two solutions above, did you try those?