using on 7D

Started by Emu, February 27, 2014, 04:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emu

I stumbled across magic lantern recently and think some of the features look great!  On the magic lantern home page it lists the 7D as supported however when I try to download its not on the list of supported cameras - is there an old version that works on the 7D and if so where can I find it?   (I'd prefer to start with a stable version if possible, the features I"m most interested appear not to be new)

Is there anything I should particularly be aware of before I try this? 

arrinkiiii

Emu

Thanks thats helpful.  It seems then there is no more stable version for then 7D than the nightly builds?

arrinkiiii

U welcome.  Yes, you have but not with the neat things.  The nightly for the 7D or other models is safe, like the TL (almost the same =))   But then again... Magic Lantern you are the responsible.

Emu

You are most helpful, I've been using it for a few days now - but what is this  TL?

harryh999

its tragic lantern, i had the same problem, no fir file on the nightly build, its all very un clear.
the TL link includes the fir file you new to do the update

Walter Schulz

Nightly builds are *not* intended to be used for first time installation (aka: enabling cam's bootflag). Therefore no FIR.

arrinkiiii

Quote from: harryh999 on March 15, 2014, 07:42:45 AM
its tragic lantern, i had the same problem, no fir file on the nightly build, its all very un clear.
the TL link includes the fir file you new to do the update

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7464.0