Author Topic: Exposure compensation in Manual mode  (Read 22433 times)

cdleighton

• New to the forum
Re: Exposure compensation in Manual mode
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 05:12:20 AM »
... in the 70D

And the 5D4, so we may not need ML in the latest cameras, but we want it for our standby like an old 7D.

eyeland

• 5D Mark Spree
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 08:31:31 PM »
Personally, I never really found any of the proposed workarounds to give me what I need, so I am still waiting as well :)
Daybreak broke me loose and brought me back...

ibic

• New to the forum
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2018, 04:23:38 PM »
I googled "magic lantern auto iso exposure compensation" and landed here from the first result.
And I googled "canon eos dslr auto iso manual mode exposure compensation", the first result is: https://photo.stackexchange.com/a/98090/15958

To me, this is a perfectly valid use case as Canon apparently has added this to their new high-end DSLR models. Unfortunately, 6D doesn't have this feature. So it would be great if Magic Lantern can achieve the same/similar functionality.

+1 and hopefully someone will help over this soon :)

ibic

• New to the forum
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2018, 06:35:08 PM »
And I just checked my Nikon D90 (released 10-years ago), it does have Exposure Compensation in Manual Mode with Auto ISO. So my understanding the Auto ISO setting should not hamper exposure compensation in any way, and thus I don't understand why Canon crippled this functionality on many DSLR models except very few top-end ones.

LucianParaian

• New to the forum
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2019, 04:22:10 PM »
The new FV Mode on eos R and RP is the answer to this.