RAW video corrupted entire card!

Started by nickazg, February 14, 2014, 01:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickazg

Hi Guys,

I Have been using ML raw for some time now and have never come across this issue. I was filming on my 64GB card and after about maybe 10 min of on and off recording it stopped, and said something like file corrupted?? I checked the card when I got home and the card it is completely empty!! I have run the card through a data recovery program and I am seeing about 30GB of .SWF files and some .GZ files but no .RAW files  :-\

Does anyone know how to recover these files, and even know why this happend?

Thanks,
Nick

1%

The SWF are probably the raw files. Check contents with a hex editor, the extension isn't always right.

My reasoning on the why is that you're hitting the card with pretty much max write speed over and over again so its like asking "why do servers need raid" when the drives run 24/7 constantly reading/writing....

That said, I've only ever lost SD cards.. and I mean lost lost. Sector 0 corrupted and no more writes to it ever.

nickazg

thanks for the reply,  Im not too sure exactly what I should be looking for in the HEX editor, but I did try renaming the files to .RAW and running it through RAWanizer with no luck, although it was showing a duration time for each file but everything else was stuffed .. the card appears to be fine, ie I can still write to it.

1%

See the threads on rescuing raw files with bad headers. You should be looking for that + data being there.

nickazg

Hmm ive been looking around and cant find any helpful exciting threads for this issue, If you able to point me in the right direction that would be sweet.