No EXIF data in converted DNG's

Started by rtf, February 10, 2014, 11:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtf

When using the raw2dng converter there is no EXIF data in the converted DNG's, which I need to use VisionLOG and get a very flat image. Is there a solution for this problem or a way to manually add this data?

dmilligan

rtf

Quote from: dmilligan on February 10, 2014, 12:55:32 PM
use MLV instead

Three questions about this because I am not very technical:

1. What is the difference in terms of quality of MLV and RAW?
2. Can you playback MLV clips on your camera?
3. I downloaded MLV_dump to convert a MLV file but when I drop the file on top of MLV_dump.exe nothing happens. How do you convert these files to RAW or DNG?

dmilligan

1. None, raw data is raw data, the only real difference is metadata, which is exactly what you wanted right? mlv might be a tiny bit slower b/c it has a little more overhead writing this metadata, but it shouldn't matter much

2. Yes

3. Try running the program from the command line and see if it spits out an error. Or just use one of the various GUI conversion apps that are available.

rtf

Quote from: dmilligan on February 10, 2014, 02:54:27 PM
1. None, raw data is raw data, the only real difference is metadata, which is exactly what you wanted right? mlv might be a tiny bit slower b/c it has a little more overhead writing this metadata, but it shouldn't matter much

2. Yes

3. Try running the program from the command line and see if it spits out an error. Or just use one of the various GUI conversion apps that are available.

Downloaded and installed Magic Lantern RAW converter 1.8 and it all works. Thanks a lot!