5D3 - Live View only works in Auto

Started by dubsack, February 08, 2014, 08:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubsack

Here's the scenario.

5D3, shooting RAW vid, external Small HD monitor connected (via hdmi). ML (Nightly Build from JAN 16)on 8gb SDHC, Footage being captured to 64gb Komputer Bay. I am shooting in Manual

The 64gb Komputer Bay fills up. With camera still running I start getting hit with the 'Corrupt Slot #2' 'Corrupt Slot #3' all the way down to #14. Once it stops I power camera down, remove Komputer Bay CF, remove HDMI cable from camera body, and put in my next card to shoot on (Lexar 32gb 1,000).

When the camera boots back up the live view has no display. I switch on and off again, removing battery and cards in the process. Once again on next start up there is no live view. I switched from video to photo, recycle between a couple different batteries, CF cards and also without the 8gb SDHC ML. Still no Live View. The only good news at this point is I can still see everything through the viewfinder (settings, metering ext)

Now I start switching modes. Live View will not display (in video or still mode)under any circumstance unless the camera is in Auto. With the Live View display in Auto (and only Auto), the only external button that works is the INFO button. Menu does not.

With a CF card in, I can take photos but not video, and I can only review them in Auto. For some reason the magnify button has started to work, but nothing else

What I've done so far:

Shutdown and booted back with every possible combo of battery, cf card, no cf card, ml card, no ml card on all different modes and setting. Still no changes.

I have removed the watch battery for 30mins. Upon putting back in and booting up I got the time and date setting in the menu (first time I've seen the menu since this incident) but the camera was in auto and menu options were limited. As soon as I switch out of Auto to any other setting the LV goes black. I again removed and replaced the watch battery this time in Manaul and the live view did not display even though the camera booted up fine.

I am at a loss here. As a professional videographer this camera is my livlyhood and I'm starting to stress out a little. I realize not one camera has ever bricked from ML and this is probably just a temporary set back, but the anxiety is starting to build

Please, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

a1ex