Dual ISO on 500D

Started by RanL, January 31, 2014, 06:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RanL

A couple of days ago I downloaded ML v2.3, and then the nightly build of Jan 26 2014 for 500D. I installed ML, and then discovered that I have the dual iso feature. I now have two problems:
1. The dual iso values are set to 100/800. Changing the iso value either from the Canon menu or from the ML menu changes the first value, and I can thus get values such as 200/800, 1600/800 etc. But I haven't managed to change the second iso value, so I'm unable to get to values such as 100/1600 or 200/400. How do I change the second iso value?
2. I tried downloading ML + the above nightly build to another (2GB) SD card. I managed to install ML from that card, but for some reason I don't get the dual iso feature from that card. I tried formatting the card, and then copying to it v2.3 plus the above nightly build, but no luck: I'm still getting ML without the dual iso feature. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?
Cheers,
Ran   

Audionut

1.  Press the Q button to enter the dual_iso sub-menu and adjust the "recovery ISO"

2.  Follow the same procedure you did on the first card.

RanL

Thanks,
1. I tried The Q button, but it only turns the dual iso feature on/off. I now tried other buttons, and found out that the "record" button does the job. So problem solved.
2. As far as I can tell, I'm doing exactly the same thing with the second card. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Audionut

It will be something simple.

Make sure the modules are in the module folder.
Make sure you have the module enabled in the module menu.
Make sure you don't have "disable all modules" turned on in the debug menu.

With the bootflag already set on the second card, you can just copy all of the contents from the first card over to the second card.  This will copy all of the settings also, so you should be good to go.

RanL

Thanks again!
The problem was that I did not enable Dual ISO on the modules menu. It's working fine now.

joebone

im using the 650 D and i have the module loaded, it says OK next to the module but when i click Q it take me to the Info about dual iso.  I dont see a menu to adjust settings.

forgot to override exposure, all good

mistertoc

Hey guys,

I try to find the dual ISO but it's nowhere, maybe I have to reload ML on my memory card.
I'll let you know

Canon 60D

Fipes

Hi guys,

whenever I'm shooting with dual-iso, I get some non-dual pictures. The filename says "dual" but some of them just aren't.
Are there any options to en/disable to make this problem to go away?

Thx :)

garry23

Look under the dual menu.

You can capture with dual as every other image, you may have this option selected?

Fipes

'Alternate frames only' ist disabled.
I guess the "unreliable" Custom file prefix really is unreliable *g*

garry23

Only other thought is if you are also using ETTR,
As some times ETTR and dual will result in a dual with the same ISOs, eg 800/800.

This will. Of course, look like a non dual.