Help my 650D won't start...at alll

Started by Nautilus, January 29, 2014, 02:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nautilus

Hi,

I just woke up today and tried to turned on my camera just to see that it won't. There are no reactions from the camera. No shutter sound, no lights nothing... I tried with 3 different battery packs, with and without SD card and result is the same.

The last shot i made with my camera was outside, i was shooting in the mild rain. But i think it can't be the cause of this. Because it was hardly raining and the camera worked perfectly while it was raining. So if the water caused this, shouldn't it be apparent by then? Do you think the tiny rainwater droplets can make their way into my camera and cause short circuit?  What else could be the cause? Any tips to restore it back to working condition is welcomed. Thanks!

I was running Magic Lantern by the way...
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

Nautilus

OK... I managed to make it work. Turns out it wasn't damaged at all, it was just my poorly checking of possible causes of the problem. 1 battery was empty and 2 others were full. The first time i tried to turn it on, the empty battery was inside the cam. So i changed the battery pack but forgot to close the lid so camera didn't turn on. (I didn't know not closing the lid could cause that) So after couple of trial and error i managed to make it work.
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System