Author Topic: [UNMAINTAINED] Canon 5D Classic Firmware ** Beta 4 **  (Read 486233 times)

a1ex

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark Free
Re: [UNMAINTAINED] Canon 5D Classic Firmware ** Beta 4 **
« Reply #600 on: March 11, 2017, 02:22:28 PM »
You can use the portable display test to diagnose it: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14732.0

Brakeless

• New to the forum
« Reply #601 on: March 18, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
Hello! Is there any new news? No one is currently engaged in processing? I can help in test ML...

Brakeless

• New to the forum
« Reply #602 on: May 04, 2017, 01:01:35 AM »
I'm looking for a ROM dump for QEMU experiments (mine is incomplete). You may get one from the Debug menu; please send it to me by PM.

If there is still interest, I can try to fix compilation on the latest codebase, then let you continue the port.

Side note: there is a small chance to get LiveView with the full-res silent pic backend, but the front-end functions are not present, so it will require some low-level research along these lines. But my gut feeling says it's doable.

But since this camera has a simpler codebase, this effort might pay off for more recent models as well.

@wigyori: the implicit declaration on this platform uses 32-bit integers for all parameters. So, in this case, you may get away with: void unknown_gui_function(int, int).

Hey, Alex! Whether correctly i undrestood that it is necessary to send a dump for your further development? I can help you in any matters. But will you be support in future 5D? Thanks!

a1ex

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark Free
« Reply #603 on: May 04, 2017, 05:33:18 PM »
There was a bug in the previous dumper, and I didn't look into it yet. However, recently I've got CF emulation working in QEMU, so I'll give it a second try.

Support is provided by other users. There is a VxWorks branch with some recent progress on 450D and 40D - one can look at the source code and try to adapt it to the 5D.

amp829

• New to the forum
« Reply #604 on: June 20, 2017, 09:30:24 AM »
hello !
where can i find the latest version for my canon 5d

Ilia3101

• Senior
« Reply #605 on: June 20, 2017, 11:53:54 AM »
I think the newest is "beta 4", and there hasn't been much development since ~2012 because the developer's camera got bricked. You can find it on the first post on this thread.
5D2

tkendirli

• New to the forum
« Reply #606 on: July 21, 2018, 11:48:05 AM »
Hello everyone, i just downloaded the magiclantern for using at my new second hand 5Dc but somehow i cannot see the bluelight flashing, blinking or solid. My camera can see the files because it allows me to update. there's no problem with my firmware version.

But instead booting from cf card my camera shows me 'cannot find the files error' am i doing something wrong??

Thanks in advance for helping me.

sndofsilence

• New to the forum
« Reply #607 on: September 07, 2018, 06:42:09 PM »
Hi,
Is it possible to learn shutter actuations with magic lantern for 5d classic?

a1ex

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark Free
« Reply #608 on: September 07, 2018, 07:02:38 PM »
Not currently, but I might be able to figure it out. I've started to update the VxWorks codebase some weeks ago, alongside with DIGIC 6/7/8 models, but don't have anything worth showing yet.

Low priority project from my side; will post here whenever I'll have things to try.

sndofsilence

• New to the forum
« Reply #609 on: September 07, 2018, 07:11:51 PM »
Not currently, but I might be able to figure it out. I've started to update the VxWorks codebase some weeks ago, alongside with DIGIC 6/7/8 models, but don't have anything worth showing yet.

Low priority project from my side; will post here whenever I'll have things to try.

Thanks from now. I'm waiting it impatiently : )

BatteryGrip

• New to the forum
« Reply #610 on: September 07, 2018, 07:17:36 PM »

I created an account just to say how amazing it is that this thread is still active!

i was going to install Beta4, but after reading about how the developer bricked his I'm not so sure anymore

a1ex

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark Free
« Reply #611 on: September 07, 2018, 08:01:35 PM »
It wasn't with Beta4 code; that one was written and tested by me on a borrowed camera.

Back then, I didn't know how to diagnose or recover it. Looking over the chat logs, it had some signs of life after the event; unfortunately these disappeared shortly after Coutts disassembled it and put it back, so I could no longer investigate. Now we have tools to emulate the firmware, print things on the LCD directly from the bootloader and even get a copy of the ROM from a damaged camera, so I'd expect to be able to recover a camera even if most of its ROM (except bootloader) is toast. If the bootloader won't work (extremely unlikely), JTAG would be the last thing to try, but I never went that far.

gennyrock

• New to the forum
« Reply #612 on: September 09, 2018, 11:12:55 AM »
Hi there, I have got the first version of Canon EOS 5D (not mark1, mark2, etc.). My question is: as it does not make videos, after magic lantern firmware installation, can make videos? Thanks

whitelight

• New to the forum
« Reply #613 on: September 13, 2018, 02:01:16 AM »
Hi there, I have got the first version of Canon EOS 5D (not mark1, mark2, etc.). My question is: as it does not make videos, after magic lantern firmware installation, can make videos? Thanks

No Liveview is possible on 5D, hence no video.