Canon 1100D / T3

Started by a1ex, June 14, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Straight_Shooter

Quote from: a1ex on January 13, 2017, 12:44:04 PM
With this build, please check whether the FPS values displayed by ML match the value selected from Canon menu, in all video modes.

1280x720 @ 25 fps selected:
ML displays a steady fps rate of 25.000

1280x720 @ 30 fps selected:
ML displays one of two different values. The fps value changes between 29.976 and 29.922.
This behavior is reproducible, but the time after which this happens seems to be random? I have seen it happen like after half a minute, or sometimes earlier (after ten seconds or so). It seems that the value 29.976 is shown for noticeably longer periods of time than the other value.

Quote from: a1ex on January 13, 2017, 12:44:04 PM
Also check whether selecting 35 fps in ML menu gives valid image in all video modes.

Desired FPS: 35 (from 25)
Actual FPS: 34.949

Desired FPS: 35 (from 30)

Myxir

Hi, I updated ML today to tha latest version (2017Feb12.1100D105). But when I start it, it still says May 2015May03?
BTW if I turn the camera of it crashes. The red light is on and the camera wont do anything until i remove the battery.

Okay, autoexec and/or(?) ml-setup.fir were missing.
EOS 1100D
18-55mm/3.5-5.6 IS II | 55-250mm/4-5,6 IS II | 40mm/2,8 Pancake
Metz MB 24 AF-1

Straight_Shooter

Quote from: Straight_Shooter on January 14, 2017, 09:38:35 PM
1280x720 @ 25 fps selected:
ML displays a steady fps rate of 25.000

1280x720 @ 30 fps selected:
ML displays one of two different values. The fps value changes between 29.976 and 29.922.
This behavior is reproducible, but the time after which this happens seems to be random? I have seen it happen like after half a minute, or sometimes earlier (after ten seconds or so). It seems that the value 29.976 is shown for noticeably longer periods of time than the other value.

Desired FPS: 35 (from 25)

Desired FPS: 35 (from 30)

Okay, so... does anybody know what to do with these values?

I tried looking at the code, but I can't really make heads or tails of it.

a1ex

Looks OK, so the 1100D build was re-enabled a while ago.

Some more useful tests: stubs test (from selftest.mo) and Lua API test, both with the latest experimental Lua build.

Straight_Shooter

Quote from: a1ex on March 05, 2017, 05:11:30 PM
Looks OK, so the 1100D build was re-enabled a while ago.

Ah, that is great news! I hadn't noticed that yet. Thanks for your good work a1ex.

lxnder_b

Hello,
I'm new here.
So, I installed ML on my Rebel T3 (1100D) - onto two SD cards.
Both work well.
Now, the question is, when I try to record HDR videos - the video flickers like crazy (one frame at one set ISO, second frame the other set ISO, then it repeats).

Am I missing something or is that a slight glitch/bug thing?

(BTW, I'm running March 30th nightly build, 1.0.5 FW)

dmilligan

That's exactly what HDR video is supposed to do.

DeafEyeJedi

If on Mac -- use @Danne's cr2hdr.app or MLP (depending on if shot in RAW or H264) to convert and render out ProRes w nice looking HDR effect.

It is also recommended to shoot in 50/60p when shooting HDR videos as the process will be halfed w fps after blending in the ISO 100/800 (or 100/1600 if you want to push it) and I can't help on Windows.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

lxnder_b

Quote from: dmilligan on April 27, 2017, 11:06:53 PM
That's exactly what HDR video is supposed to do.
I guess so, but I'm fairly sure it's not supposed to noticeably flicker - at least not as bad, as it does;

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on April 28, 2017, 05:57:12 PM
If on Mac -- use @Danne's cr2hdr.app or MLP (depending on if shot in RAW or H264) to convert and render out ProRes w nice looking HDR effect.

It is also recommended to shoot in 50/60p when shooting HDR videos as the process will be halfed w fps after blending in the ISO 100/800 (or 100/1600 if you want to push it) and I can't help on Windows.
Well, that's unfortunate for me, because I'm a windows user. / Canon T3 (1100D) doesn't support 50/60p recording (highest I can get it is 35),
So I guess no HDR videos for me?

737ngx

Hello,

I am trying to manually change video settings (ISO, Aperture, shutter) on the 1100D,
I came a cross a YouTube Video pointing to download magiclantern to do this.
I did it maybe a year ago, but now I seem not to be able to access it again.

Do I really need this program to manually change settings in video mode?
I also found the following but I cannot find on my camera the info button they are taking about:

Get into video mode from the rocker around the shutter button.

Press info a few times until you have a page of menu items.

Tap on the icon in the upper right corner. That will get you to the option for Manual Video.

Then you can change the settings by taping the setting you want to change and then adjusting via clicking left or right or rotating the click wheel.

Once you start a video by pressing the red record button you can change the settings without interrupting the recording.

Press the INFO button repeatedly until the settings are visible on the bottom of the screen.

Either tap the item or move to it using the click wheel right or left.

Then the easiest method of changing it is to rotate the wheel until you reach the value you want. Alternately you can tap the item such as ISO and then use the small arrows on screen left and right, and then press Set.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Nic

haulric

Hello sorry if this is a noob question but I'm in a kind of emergency ^^.

I built a script for my 1100D via PicoC (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=4362.msg24457#msg24457) but I can't find the scripts menu, is that not available for 1100D builds? (I updated ML to nightly this morning).

Thanks

haulric

Ok sorry got my answer, I just found that picoc is deprecated and we must use LUA scripts now.

d0g

Hope this is the right place to ask.

I'm brand new to ML, and before flashing I want to know is it possible to shoot 1080 video on the T3?
Thanks

dfort

Hellooooo. Just wondering if anyone is using and maintaining this camera.

Many of the modules are no longer compiling, tests are failing, there are experimental builds waiting for reports from users and a few of us are trying to get new features running on these older cameras but nobody is downloading test builds for the 1100D.

nuvon

Hi! I've just signed up to say that I use 1100D and can help with testing.

dfort

Welcome to the forum @nuvon -- jump over to the 12-bit (and 10-bit) RAW video development discussion and let's breath some new life into this old camera.

Darko82

Hi, guys. Thanks for your great job
I'm new to this forum, so I have 2 questions:

1. what's the last installable and usable nightly for our camera?
2. how can I help the development for our old, but still nice, 1100d?

a1ex

1. the first one from the download page should be fine (more or less, there are a few things not working, such as Lua scripting)

2. watch other topics and see where the 1100D may need help (such as 10/12-bit raw recording, linked above, and - of particular interest for me right now - Lua updates)

This camera is a tricky one (lowest amount of RAM out of all ML supported cameras, unusual display aspect ratio, lower resolution screen), so things are very likely to go wrong on this model first. Yet, testing feedback on this camera is almost nonexistent, so that's were you can help.

If you can compile ML and attempt to fix some of these issues, that would be even better. To get started, my (biased) recommendation would be to look at the QEMU guide - there is an installation video for Ubuntu, for Mac and a guide for Windows.

starbase64

screenshot: https://ibb.co/d5xzJb

tested builds:

- magiclantern-Nightly.2017Mar30.1100D105.zip
- magiclantern-Nightly.2017Oct31.1100D105.zip
- magiclantern-lua_fix.2017Dec23.1100D105.zip

is there a fix for it?

a1ex

There is an experimental raw video build, but other than a few snapshots from Danne, I have no idea how it works in practice => please report back. The silent picture module requires the LiveView raw backend enabled, so try it from the 10/12-bit raw video build.

If it works fine or if I can solve it easily based on user feedback, I'll consider integrating this feature into mainline.

Danne

Got a 1100D available. Tested "from the 10/12-bit raw video build" from experimental section. Not sure what to test so a few general results. (Lua not working):

- Silent dng files are recorded but with black borders. Only the first dng contains an image with 10/12bit. 14bit extracts all dng files from the MLV file.
- MLV files 10/12/14 bit with borders

Samples(20mb)
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/1100D_samples_MLV_DNG.zip

As too often I´m on a tight schedule but will do my best to help with feedback on this...

a1ex

Can you try this on a MLV with more than 2 frames?

mlv_dump M29-1336.MLV --dng --no-stripes --no-fixcp
md5sum *.dng

Danne

No cegars with that command:
Macbooks-MacBook-Air:~ air$ /Users/air/Desktop/Switch.app/Contents/mlv_dump --dng --no-stripes --no-fixcp /Users/air/Desktop/magic/1100D/A_ORIGINALS/M29-1336.MLV

MLV Dumper
-----------------

Mode of operation:
   - Input MLV file: '/Users/air/Desktop/magic/1100D/A_ORIGINALS/M29-1336.MLV'
   - Decompressing before writing DNG
   - Enforcing 14bpp for DNG output
   - Using output path '/Users/air/Desktop/magic/1100D/A_ORIGINALS/M29-1336_' for DNGs
   - Convert to DNG frames
   - Output into '/Users/air/Desktop/magic/1100D/A_ORIGINALS/M29-1336_'
File /Users/air/Desktop/magic/1100D/A_ORIGINALS/M29-1336.MLV opened
File /Users/air/Desktop/magic/1100D/A_ORIGINALS/M29-1336.M00 not existing.
Processing...
Got a new RAWI, throwing away previous frame buffers etc.
[ERROR] Invalid block size at position 0x00228e00
Processed 2 video frames at 25.00 FPS (0.08 s)
Done

Macbooks-MacBook-Air:~ air$

Did the md5sum on the two files that came out:
4cbbaca5cc8c338a5ff978e5cc989203  M29-1336_000000.dng
bb60b5ea5fe3f75e08b4abecac7d7ef8  M29-1336_000001.dng

Note that md5sum isn´t installed so get it through brew if anybody wants to use it:
brew install md5sha1sum

Additional info:
Also want to point out that for every mlv_lite recording mode there are several beeps and display messages about "Hack error at 0" and "data corruption at slot 38"

mlv_play:
Trying to preview the MLV file in camera(mlv_play) gives the info "Invalid header size" and a stuck screen which resolves when pushing a button and gets me back to liveview.

a1ex

I just had a glass of wine, so I might write nonsense, but it is my understanding that "more than 2 frames" means 3 or 4 or 5 frames, or any other number x where "x > 2" evaluates to True (at least in the English dialect I'm familiar with).

"Data corruption" does not sound good; may I see some EDMAC screenshots?