*Datsun 240z Distributor: Points to Electronic System* Canon7D 2K RAW Anamorphic

Started by Danson Delta-40, January 19, 2014, 06:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danson Delta-40

All in the title. It's a bit long, but for this video my dad and I were going through and changing his distributor from mechanical points to an electronic system. This is supposed to be a physical tutorial, and I really like how the colors came out.

Shot at 30 FPS exactly.
sankor 16D
Rokinon f1.4 aspherical
Komputerbay 32gig 1000x
+1 step up ring from vivitar.

I've done a bunch of tests on my channel but nothing worth posting about. Thanks ML!
GOING POSTAL SINCE 1995 BABY

ItsMeLenny

I watched a little bit at 1440p near the end. Is that an anamorphic lens because it looks like it wasn't aligned.
Footage of the process looked good, I'm just unsure what to do with the information :P
I don't believe I need to change a datsun 240z distributer any time soon, but when I do ;)

spark802

550D

Danson Delta-40

Quote from: ItsMeLenny on January 19, 2014, 06:41:24 AM
I watched a little bit at 1440p near the end. Is that an anamorphic lens because it looks like it wasn't aligned.
Footage of the process looked good, I'm just unsure what to do with the information :P
I don't believe I need to change a datsun 240z distributer any time soon, but when I do ;)

I spent a lot of time aligning it. Anamorphic lenses are difficult to align properly.
GOING POSTAL SINCE 1995 BABY

ItsMeLenny

Quote from: Danson Delta-40 on January 20, 2014, 01:25:34 AM
I spent a lot of time aligning it. Anamorphic lenses are difficult to align properly.
Only some shots near the end, the other ones looked fine, but some shots near the end looked pretty slanted.
And they are difficult to align, I've seen feature films where they're not aligned.