550D T2i Magic Lantern won't appear :(

Started by hiddencookiejar, March 17, 2014, 06:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiddencookiejar

Hello there,
Something strange is happening to my Canon 550D T2i.
The first time I installed ML it worked perfectly.
After that I continued for some day to use other SD cards with NO ML inside, with built-in features of 550D, and it worked also great.
Yesterday I tried to use again ML on the SAME camera with the SAME SD card of first time. The installation of ML goes perfect, I have the green SUCCESS screen, than suddenly: WHEN I GO TO VIDEO MODE, IT GOES AUTOMATICALLY TO NORMAL 550D BUILT-IN VIDEO MODE, NOT ML SCREEN. I push Trash Button, and the ML MENUS ARE ALL THERE, I can change and tweak every single one of them (For example, I can see in real time changing the temperature in Kelvin), but than when I go again to shoot, NO ML SCREEN, I can just shoot MOV videos, only built-in Canon features.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE??  :( Am I doing something wrong?
Please need help...

mk11174

Quote from: hiddencookiejar on March 17, 2014, 06:17:53 PM
Hello there,
Something strange is happening to my Canon 550D T2i.
The first time I installed ML it worked perfectly.
After that I continued for some day to use other SD cards with NO ML inside, with built-in features of 550D, and it worked also great.
Yesterday I tried to use again ML on the SAME camera with the SAME SD card of first time. The installation of ML goes perfect, I have the green SUCCESS screen, than suddenly: WHEN I GO TO VIDEO MODE, IT GOES AUTOMATICALLY TO NORMAL 550D BUILT-IN VIDEO MODE, NOT ML SCREEN. I push Trash Button, and the ML MENUS ARE ALL THERE, I can change and tweak every single one of them (For example, I can see in real time changing the temperature in Kelvin), but than when I go again to shoot, NO ML SCREEN, I can just shoot MOV videos, only built-in Canon features.

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE??  :( Am I doing something wrong?
Please need help...
Try Info button on cam a couple times till you see the ml display, its def working if you have ML menus, your prob just in wrong Display mode. So very slow one at a time press INFO button on cam till it shows.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

hiddencookiejar

Oh yeah that was it. I knew it shouldn't have been something serious, for sure I was missing something very basic  :-[
Thanks so much for you help!

mk11174

Quote from: hiddencookiejar on March 17, 2014, 06:47:19 PM
Oh yeah that was it. I knew it shouldn't have been something serious, for sure I was missing something very basic  :-[
Thanks so much for you help!
I bet at the begining of using ML that has happened to all of us at least one time, how do you think I knew what was wrong!  ;)

hiddencookiejar

May I ask you one last question? Probably this is something basic too, but anyway..
I push 'record' button on the ML screen, it starts to record, but than when I go to the computer, it's all MOV files, instead I was expecting obviously RAW files.
What am I doing wrong this time? duh  :-[

mk11174

Quote from: hiddencookiejar on March 17, 2014, 07:30:57 PM
May I ask you one last question? Probably this is something basic too, but anyway..
I push 'record' button on the ML screen, it starts to record, but than when I go to the computer, it's all MOV files, instead I was expecting obviously RAW files.
What am I doing wrong this time? duh  :-[
You need to goto modules menu and turn on either RAW_REC or MLV_REC restart camera, then in the ML Movie menu turn one of them on from there and then it will record Raw files, but for your cam watch your resolution, maybe 960x540 and have cam set to 24p.

hiddencookiejar

You have been SO helpful  :)
Now it works perfectly, thank you so much for everything!
Cheers