CANON 600D Cannot run magic lantern RAW recording normaly...

Started by UnityKinG, August 17, 2015, 10:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnityKinG

Hey guys! Well I have a problem , a problem that pisses me off few days already.
I've tried installing magic lantern on my two SD cards (1: SanDisk Ultra 30mb/s 4gb (4gb just for test) 6class) and (2: Samsung 16GB 10class). I installed all the latest firmware, I installed magic lantern, I installed tragic lantern , I set my camera to RAW recording ant put the resolution as said on ALL forums. When I start recording it start doing something , it shows that it is recording, when I try to move the camera -  screen freezes (I mean the lense view freezes, HUD is still working) then it shows "1 frame skipped" and gives me a "error 70" , that's all, when I restart the camera, go to gallery, it says "No image" , but when I plug the SD card into my pc it shows that some storage was taken, but the folder is empty.

Please guys , I really need help, I'm a noob at this stuff, and it's pissing me off!

Walter Schulz

Sorry, much said and not much info found: Which settings used? Which settings are found in "ALL" forums? MLV or RAW loaded and activated? ExFAT or FAT32 file system used? Have you tried to use lower resolutions? Have you benchmarked your cards and used settings according to results?
Have you tried file_man.mo and/or MLV_PLAY.mo to browse files in cam (Canon firmware won't show/play RAW/MLV files)?
Which modules loaded?

Clean install for ExFAT:
Format card in cardreader with ExFAT file system
Run EOScard/Macboot/Make_bootable.sh (depending on PC's OS which you omitted to mention) to make card bootable
Wipe all files from disk (do *not* format card!)
Copy extracted nightly build contents to card.
Insert card and startup cam. Use MLV_REC.mo.

UnityKinG

Thanks for the reply! I went sleep so I couldn't answer.
I loaded tragic lantern modules and enabled only Raw_rec (something like that) I recorded at 960x544 resolution as said on all forums.

You say to "Copy extracted nightly build contents to card." But do I need to install magic lantern FULL build first?

Walter Schulz

No, but TL isn't supported here. 960x544 seems to be limit for continuous recording *if* all other bottlenecks are cleared/absent. If your card cannot do about 21 MByte/s in benchmark ...

UnityKinG

Soo, how can I record RAW without tragic lantern? I heard that there are other addons for RAW recording. BTW It was the problem in my cards. Thanks for it.

Walter Schulz