Sandisk extreme pro - A good card for Raw?

Started by Sandra, June 02, 2013, 10:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra

Hi,

I have bought a couple of sandisk extreme pro cards (before I knew about the ML Raw hack). I will not try to shoot in Raw before it's officially released (and maybe it won't work that good with 550d, I don't know) But let's say that I buy a canon 5d mark iii soon and shoot in Raw, will the Sandisk be fast enough for that? It's only 600x. A Lexar 1100x would be alot better for this? Any other CF cards that is better than the Sandisk extreme pro? My plan is to return the one of the unopened cards if there is better options.
Anyway, at least it's fire-resistant http://neilvn.com/tangents/sandisk-memory-cards-fire-resistant/ 

Audionut

I don't understand the reference to the 550D.  It only has 1 SD card slot.  It's hardware limited to around 21MB/s.  Faster cards are always beneficial though to ensure you only get limited by the hardware slot.

The best card for a 5D3 all depends on what resolution you intend on shooting at.  If it's, 'The highest resolution I can attain', then obviously the fastest card on the market is going to be the best choice.  For an idea on how different cards perform on a few different camera bodies, you should check out this thread, and also search the forums.