Cover song with T5i/700D RAW

Started by jaeill, March 03, 2015, 07:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaeill

Here's my first attempt at using RAW video with my T5i/700D.  Make sure to change settings to 720p on youtube.  I'm finally able to get continuous MLV with sound and am loving it.  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks for watching

JamesSteele

Cool! I have a T5i too. What settings did you use? Were you able to get continuous record?

JamesSteele

I'm on a Mac. I have to research the "pink dots" issue a bit more too.

jaeill

I am able to get continuous RAW video and pretty much continuous MLV with sound.  MLV with sound sometimes skips frames after about 4 and half minutes but I will probably never need to record for that long anyways.  It took me forever to finally find the settings that worked for me but here is what worked for me and it should work for you too.  I use the sandisk 45mb/s 32gb card.  IMPORTANT thing is to format the card (exfat) search on this forum to see how to do it its very easy.  Then I put pretty much everything on the magic lantern menu to off except of course MLV and MLV sound.  I also leave global draw live view on which doesn't seem to give me any problems.  I know a lot of people on here say to turn it off but I like to have it to see the cropped video on my view finder.  Also put 4gb to on which will let the video keep recording past 4gb.  fps i have it on 23.976.  If you do all that you should be able to get continous video.  Oh yeah im using 01/29/15 nightly build.  Hope that helps good luck!

Jotys

I am using Kingston 32gb 90mb read 45mb write, ExFat, Nightly.2015Mar02 , MLV  , tried your setting but I can get only 1:33 on  1280 x 720.

jaeill

Make sure you format exfat 128 kilobits and not fast/quick format.  Also go to the canon menu and choose raw as your picture quality.  Let me know if that helps.

Jotys

jaeil Thanks for advise. Now I can do continuous RAW at 720. MLV still only 1:33 but that probably because I need better SD card.

jaeill

Yeah keep experimenting with the settings... you should be able to get continuous mlv with sound as well... glad you finally got it to work somewhat